New System Gets Installed Tomorrow !!

Truck_Guy

I have received my final piece of equipment from the man in brown today and have an install appoinment tomorrow. Going in a GMC single cab pickup, an Alpine CDA-7995 HU, Focal 165K2's up front powered by an a/d/s/ P450.2 bridged to 150 X2 @ 4 ohms, an Image Dynamics IDQ 10 D4 for the sub in a sealed enclosure powered by a Hifonics BX500 bridged to 2 ohms for 250W. Both doors will get a full Dynamat Extreme treatment. I have high hopes that it will sound good. Definitely going for an SQ setup.

I am already having some second thoughts about my buying desicions but this should work for awhile. I will report back in a couple of days after I get everything tweaked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Polk Audio DB Series with or without an amplifier. MM Series on an amplifier
You could do the 8" as a front sub on its own amp and use it to bridge/enhance the gap between your 12" in the rear to the midranges
Man, sounds great - no pun intended! Glad you're happy with those Morels, I think they are special. Not sure why they don't get the local love. I think that when people listen to their regular...
I suspect it's an ignition problem rather than a transmission problem. Start with the basics: plugs, wires, coils, check engine codes. Does the problem change depending on how hard you accelerate?
Buddy of mine somehow managed to get small MDF boxes set into the rear doors on his previous truck, think it was an F-150. I can't remember clearly but I think he put some kind of small Skar...

About this thread

Truck_Guy

Truck_Guy
Tulsa, Ok
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Bavarian3