New system advice

GVC3K
10+ year member

ok, im pretty new to the audio systems so i need some advice. i want a system that hits and has good db. you guys sound like u know what ur talkin about so i need to know what to get. I was thinkin 2 10" jlw7 subs, alpine amp, eclipse speakers. not really sure on specs or w/e but if that stuff isnt good than tell me. btw, everything i got right now is stock, and i got 2,000 to spend. thanks

If you have 2000 dollars to spend you are pretty good off. Is it 2000 dollars on just sub(s) ams and speakers? Or do you need a head unit in there too?

What kind of vehicle is this going in? Are you going to have the backup alternator power to give your stereo adequate juice?

first i would start by saying look for head units... 2,000 dollars sounds like your going to want a super nice setup, maybe for show???? get something that looks good, but ya know looks arent everything.... maybe an Alpine or Kenwood or JVC... eclipse spks are nice... and 2 10w7's.... you would be highly satified with one.... but if you want a competition set up go with 2... maybe you can go with all jl speakers (subs and reg. spks.) and then alpine head unit and amp... that is pretty easy stuff to get. i recomend ebay 110%!!!!! i buy all my caraudio on ebay!!! and i havent went wrong yet. your best bet is to buy from stores that sell on ebay... sometimes you might get a warranty and you will not get screwed over (99% prolly wont get screwed) but yeah man looks like you got your work cut out for you... all i can say is do your homework before you purchase... and if you cant find any info... ask on here....

For head units id suggest alpine or eclipse.

For subs you should look at resonant engineering, stereo integrity, eclipse, elemental designs, adire, ect.

As for speakers, do you just want speakers or are you willing to do components?

Amp(s) would depend on what sub(s) you get...

hmm, well i think i need more specific. got any websites that u guys get info on? pretty much what im askin is, what exactly would u buy if u were in my postion?

Id probably buy an alpine 9815 head unit, focal components - probably an alpine amp to power those. And possibly a treo ssx, or resonant engineering xxx and a us amps 2000x on that sub. also make a custom ported box.

alpine 9815>>>JL 1000/1>>>>JL 13w7 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
heh Sounds so sweeeet, i wouldnt waste the money on the 1000/1 though.

For components id grab a set of focals and get a nice 100x2 amp for em and ur set. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Some focals come 3way which means it has a midbass driver, a tweeter and a smaller speaker.

That would take care of 80hz and above to 22k.

ok, i went to a place called audio land, and i decided what i wanted. im just gonna keep the hu stock, cause i dont need one and thats like an extra 400 bucks. 2JLw7, 1 JL 500/1, 1 JL 300/4, hi/lo converter. that comes to 1950$. so thanks for your help guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.