New system advice please

Participant count
  • Participant list

cynicz
10+ year member

illinois
Ok lets start off, I'm not super new to car audio. Ive ran 4x 10" SA-10s for the longest time in a compact car, off a AQ3500. I Ran 2 deka batteries in the tire well. It got quite loud, but recently I have sold that car and system and purchased a Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

I Am looking to build a loud, clean system for my new car. The only downside is i have about a 12-14inch height to work with in the middle. So I am opting for like 2x 10s.

The system I am looking at is the following.

2x SA Zv3 10" subs

2x Q1-2200D amps (1 per sub)

Running 2/0 welding cable or a good 1/0 audio wiring for big 3 and all power/grounding wires. (Need brand recommendations).

Possibly a battery since my stock Alt is only 130Amp and i cant find a HO Alt for my car.

Also I will be using a 4V Preout LOC spliced into my stock sub wiring in the rear deck, however I will disconnect and remove the stock 8" sub to allow airflow to the main cabin.

Im looking at a dual 10 box that blends in with my car like this Zenclosure box. Custom Sub Enclosure | Affordable Sub Box

But I will probably use 1" MDF with double Baffles. I am probably going to go seperate chambers for the subs and tune both to like 33 or 36 HZ with 45s in all corners.

Please post what you think of this setup, and what i should change, or any good brand recommendations or recomendations on who can help on building a box.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
all these views and no insight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

sounds pretty decent ,should be loud to . the box will be in the trunk i assume , if so i'd do single chamber ,port to drivers side . when ready i can help on the wires and batts if you like ,but you really need to find an alt solution ,otherwise you'll be charging your batts every couple of weeks..also might consider subs on each side and to large external 8" aero port in the middle firing into the cabin .

You should take some vacation time like we talked about before lol.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Sorry if you text me today my phone died today while working at the shop and I forgot the charger.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

You know what I think. I'm still not a huge fan of that wire though.

Honestly Mr. Dustin, I may take a few vacation days this summer, and trailor my bike down for a few days. take like a wed, thurs, friday off and have all weekend. SPL fun my friend haha.

@mylows10 - I prefer face the subs outward toward the trunk, like that box i linked too. I like the clean look of that box. Also I was looking into mechman alternators to have a 300-350A Alt wound custom for me. blah so much to get so little time, not to mention so little finances haha.

Honestly Mr. Dustin, I may take a few vacation days this summer, and trailor my bike down for a few days. take like a wed, thurs, friday off and have all weekend. SPL fun my friend haha. @mylows10 - I prefer face the subs outward toward the trunk, like that box i linked too. I like the clean look of that box. Also I was looking into mechman alternators to have a 300-350A Alt wound custom for me. blah so much to get so little time, not to mention so little finances haha.
yea i hear ya same here. if theres anything you need a price on ,just send me a pm . i sell a lot of different brands ,always new shipped with warranty

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.