New Stereo System Issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

ARS1218

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’m having some issues after installing a Pioneer AVH 2500 NEX system on a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder.

First off I also installed a backup camera and set it up so it only comes on in reverse. The power I hooked directly up to the reverse lamp and on the other end of the cable it plugged into the radio and the pigtailed red wire to the purple/white wire as trigger. When I put the vehicle in reverse the camera comes on normally and such but the antenna mast rises. How would the antenna mast get power and be triggered from the backup cam?

Additionally the radio signal gets choppy when I’m about 30 miles away from the city area (NYC). Around the city the reception is fine but occasionally it cuts back and forth between HD and analog in FM, but AM I’m barely getting anything at all even in city area.

When I installed the system I used a PAC harness system to retain the factory Bose amp so the Nissan harnesses plugged into the PAC and the on the other end the harness hardwired to the radio harness. I matched all speaker wires correctly, red power wire to red for ignition, black ground to black ground wire (not to metal surface), yellow to yellow for battery. But the blue/white wire on the PAC end and a blue wire on the PAC end to the blue/white wire on the radio harness. Radio harness has no blue. So these three connected. I am not sure if that last part was correct but I’ve researched that it can be hooked up this way. I have also wired in a micro-bypass.

Now this vehicle also has a diversity antenna. So an antenna mast and an antenna imprinted into the windshield. When you use an aftermarket stereo you lose the windshield antenna. Only the antenna mast works.

So is there a way to retain the windshield antenna along with the mast. And is any of my wiring incorrect that can be causing the signal issues along with the antenna rising when I put it in reverse even if the source was off.

But the blue/white wire on the PAC end and a blue wire on the PAC end to the blue/white wire on the radio harness. Radio harness has no blue. So these three connected. I am not sure if that last part was correct but I’ve researched that it can be hooked up this way.
The radio should have an antenna trigger as well. By connecting the amp trigger to it, it may be messing with the signal.
Screenshot_20210419-230610.png

Yeah, my AVH2500 NEX doesn’t have a blue wire antenna trigger on its harness. Only a blue/white. While the PAC side has the blue wire and a blue/white.

What should be done in this case? If I disconnect the blue wire, what will power the antenna?

Could it be a faulty deck? Maybe something internally with the tuners. Because HD digital keeps switching back and forth to analog. AM is so low.

I had a kenwood before this one that never did that. And it was wired the same also.

HD will switch back and forth depending on signal strength. I've had HD radios since they came out and even the newer ones still will do that on a station that is putting out HD signals. Elevation, weather, many things come into play with signals like that. One day I will have perfect signal with HD clarity but 10 miles north of there I will have analog.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.