new spl/sq sub needed!!!

hiloracerboy84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok...ive been using a kicker L7 for the past 5 months or so, an ive blown in two times now, an its gotten replaced...thanks to a great dealer...but now im ready to move on to bigger and better things!!! ive gone 147.4 in my supra "fastback" w/ a jbl1200.1, and the sub actually sounded pretty good...was in a 2.9cu ft ported box....recently more and more people have been choosing the L7s as their arsenal...i wanna be original in town...ive heard/read lots of great things about some subs like the xxx, or ed k series, and brahma...rite now im really looking at the brahma, and was wondering if it would serve me well..im looking for a 85/15 spl/sq mix...more sq is ok...if spl stays up too tho...but i just want plain loud...so how would the brahma do me?

ok...ive been using a kicker L7 for the past 5 months or so, an ive blown in two times now, an its gotten replaced...thanks to a great dealer...but now im ready to move on to bigger and better things!!! ive gone 147.4 in my supra "fastback" w/ a jbl1200.1, and the sub actually sounded pretty good...was in a 2.9cu ft ported box....recently more and more people have been choosing the L7s as their arsenal...i wanna be original in town...ive heard/read lots of great things about some subs like the xxx, or ed k series, and brahma...rite now im really looking at the brahma, and was wondering if it would serve me well..im looking for a 85/15 spl/sq mix...more sq is ok...if spl stays up too tho...but i just want plain loud...so how would the brahma do me?
147 on what mic?the brahma is just like the xxx.same motor.i wonder how many ppl are gonna yell at me for specifics that it is different.ANYWAY,brahma is sql sub but gets loud.xxx-same.k-not as loud i believe.hahah go w/ a csx, 9917.those will knock ur socks off.brahma is good,ull get more sq though.but it will get loud.

147 on what mic?the brahma is just like the xxx.same motor.i wonder how many ppl are gonna yell at me for specifics that it is different.ANYWAY,brahma is sql sub but gets loud.xxx-same.k-not as loud i believe.hahah go w/ a csx, 9917.those will knock ur socks off.brahma is good,ull get more sq though.but it will get loud.
Actually... the Brahma and XXX only have the same topology, XBL^2, the motor is actually a different design.

It would be like me saying the Elemental A series and W7 have the same motor since the coil is longer than the top plate in both subs.

- Jacob

Yea if you're lookin for SPL go for the eD Q //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Nah don't really cuz its like 1500-2000 bucks and its still being tested. I say if you want mostly spl, go with the XXX, Brahma, or eD A.

- pe@ce

if you want that 85/15 SPL/SQ ratio go with treo csx, dd 9500 series, dd9917, cerwin vega stroker....

But id suggest something you can listen to like an RE XXX, Brahma, Stereo Integrity magnums... ect

if you want that 85/15 SPL/SQ ratio go with treo csx, dd 9500 series, dd9917, cerwin vega stroker....But id suggest something you can listen to like an RE XXX, Brahma, Stereo Integrity magnums... ect
MAgnum D2's.....look siick and from what i hear from users its one hell of a sub

Agian the Crystal CMPX2 the 1200.1 would work rather nicely. Great great great subwoofer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

My friend is selling his brahma cuz he wants an L7. His Brahma is mostly brand new. If ure interested talk to me. they cost bout $375. but he is selling his somewhere around $300. It's really a good deal. If i were u i would buy it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.