New Speakers For My Evo IX

I've always wondered why kids get those shitubishis over the sti?
to each there own.
You make me laugh!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

The dealer locater on the Alpine site shows two authorized dealers in Springfield, IL. I'm sure there are more if you don't mind driving a little. Get out there and give some a listen, and get what sounds good to your ears. You're the one that will have to listen to them every day.
Also, you asked if the Alpine PDX-2.150 would be overkill. Not in the least! If they made a PDX-2.200 that would be even better. Any good component set you get will handle 150 watts without problem.
Well Best Buy is one and they don't even have the Type-X's or that amp but Sundown might. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Don't worry about the head unit, it's a fine unit and will definitely get you better sound quality.

However I wouldn't get those speakers either no matter how much i love alpine product. I wouldn't even get the Type X's. Their PDX amps are sweet and would work well in your car, which is sweet by the way.

Some suggestions for door speakers that would do that car justice:

The Rainbow Line, check out all of their component speakers, they will all easily take 150 watts and sound great doing it.

Rainbow (germanium line and up will blow any alpine set out of the water, and germaniums are very affordable)

I am very much impressed with my Phoenix Gold RSD's which have been mentioned on here a couple times already, they are very much worth the money.

Phoenix Gold RSD

There are a lot more, but those would be my top choices, also check out Hertz, and Polk Components, they are also known for quality.

Another big thing would be to apply sound deadener to your front doors behind the speakers. I know the Evo already has doors that are already a lot more acoustically deadened than most doors straight out of factory, but they could still use sound deadener to help your mids really come alive. And using an amp is a must for replacement component sets.

I don't know if these have been mentioned already, but the Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS would be a good choice as well.

As for Rainbow and Hertz, yes they make great speakers. I have the Germaniums myself, and love them. The Rainbow CMX Kicks, or Hertz HSK 165's would be good affordable choices. However, you'll probably have a hard time finding a car audio shop with these to audition them.

As you can see most people agree about the Alpine comps. Do some research. I also feel if long lasting quality is what you want look at good sets of comps not budget sets, the RSD's get rave reviews but they are a budget line speaker and have some glitchs. You have gotten good advice on here on Raindow, Hertz etc. Check out Memphis and still I highly recommend CDT audio. http://www.cdtaudio.com/

As far as 4 volt vs 2 here is a quote I found that best describes the difference.

4 volt pre-outs have higher resolution than lower voltage pre-outs.

this translates to a cleaner, more detailed signal at the amplifier input stage for a cleaner audio reproduction.

Keep in mind most all Alpine decks have the ability to change to multiple colors. Find a local Alpine rep and check out the full line. I am in Indiana not that far from you if you want ameet and greet give me yell. I have CDT you can listen to.

Well, I don't know how I missed saying this before, but if you can give us a bit of info, we can help you out a lot more.

I need to know:

1. Overall budget

2. Music preferences

Give me those two things and I can build a couple of example systems for you.

Sick ass car, swing by my shop ill help ya out, no but seriously. Go on into a shop talk to them, the type of music you listen to isnt as important as long as the budget doesnt matter. a high end comp will do it all. i will agree with avoiding alpine, comps and what not, if your just going to be running a HU off of the car i would just do some quality components the brand isnt going to net you more or less of a result as far as sound goes, your only going to be pushing them with 18watts.

now as far as power alpine does make a behind the deck amp that brings rms to like 50x4 i would seriously think about getting one of them to run on my components, as you wont be using an all out amp

Jacksonville is a little under an hour away from me so I will actually keep that into consideration if you want to help me out and give me some deals //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But what comps would you recommend?

I'm about to head out to a shop right now and test out some stuff. I'll post back with my thoughts.

Well fellas I just got back from Sundown and listened to the Alpine Type-X's. I thought to myself they sound pretty good! Then I went over to the Memphis 15-MSQ6's...much, much better. So do you guys recommend those?

All i can say is stay away from the type r's. I just took them out of my car. They can get loud, but have terrible midbass. Rainbow CMX series are pretty intense and may be my next setup.

Well fellas I just got back from Sundown and listened to the Alpine Type-X's. I thought to myself they sound pretty good! Then I went over to the Memphis 15-MSQ6's...much, much better. So do you guys recommend those?
^bumpp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.