New Speakers For My Evo IX

**** that car is badass! Also the Alpine HU you have chose is good. You can always join the CA boner and get some RSD's like I just did

Alright well I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Alpine HU in my first post.

Also, I believe the Alpine SPR-17S components will work fine for me.

Now for a few more noob questions:

1. How do I know that the tweeters will fit my stockers?

2. What exactly does the crossovers do and where do you put them?

3. Since I need 4 speakers, do I need to order 2 of this, or do I need to just buy the extra 2 speakers separately?

4. What kind of amp is needed to run this setup?

Thanks again fellas!

Alright well I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Alpine HU in my first post.
Also, I believe the Alpine SPR-17S components will work fine for me.

Now for a few more noob questions:

3. Since I need 4 speakers, do I need to order 2 of this, or do I need to just buy the extra 2 speakers separately?

Thanks again fellas!
Have you listented to that set yet? Becuase IMO that set *****

Since you seem to be stuck on alpine look into the Type X set.

No I haven't listened to it because no where around here can I test higher end setups like that.

So which would you recommend the

SPX-17PRO

or

SPX-17REF

No I haven't listened to it because no where around here can I test higher end setups like that.
So which would you recommend the

SPX-17PRO

or

SPX-17REF
Couldnt tell ya for sure since ive only heard the pro's. They sound very good. but i havent heard the refs.

It kinda sounds like your rushing into this without doing any research. Stay around the forum and do some reading. Take your time and make a good choice.

I understand what your saying. However I have a trip soon to a car show and I wanted to get this all setup asap!

I have always loved Alpine products so thats why I'm wanting to stick with them. I was just hoping you guys could help me narrow my options down with them.

I also still have these questions about getting comps ( once we can decide which Alpine comps would be best //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )

I'm going with the 9884 on the deck not the 9885.

I know I want Alpine components, but according to Niggz89 the Type-R's **** and I need to get the Type-X's.

Maybe someone with the Type-R and/or Type-X's could shed some more light for me?

4 channel amp is of course going in as well, just need to figure out what comps I'm getting so I can pick the amp!

I understand what your saying. However I have a trip soon to a car show and I wanted to get this all setup asap!
I have always loved Alpine products so thats why I'm wanting to stick with them. I was just hoping you guys could help me narrow my options down with them.

I also still have these questions about getting comps ( once we can decide which Alpine comps would be best //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )

1. measure your tweeter and compare that to the aftermarket tweeter. if the tweeter doesnt fit, you could always cut or fabricate!

2) the tweeter and midbass is connected to the crossover and the crossover is connected to the amp. Some people like me install their crossovers in the door panel.

3) I say buy one component system (consist of 2 speakers) for now and install it in the front. Leave your back speakers as stock.

BTW, NICE CAR! looks way better than the new evo.

Wow thanks for all the great info and compliment thaster.

I'll find out what size the stock tweeters are and see if they match up with the new ones.

I don't want to do any cutting or anything like that in my car (for obvious reasons) so hopefully they are the same size.

And keeping the back speakers stock would be fine? I mean, don't get me wrong the speakers in my car are actually pretty nice so I guess that would be ok.

Wow thanks for all the great info and compliment thaster.
I'll find out what size the stock tweeters are and see if they match up with the new ones.

I don't want to do any cutting or anything like that in my car (for obvious reasons) so hopefully they are the same size.

And keeping the back speakers stock would be fine? I mean, don't get me wrong the speakers in my car are actually pretty nice so I guess that would be ok.
it would be alright. i suggest something different...

refer to my post if you're interested in a set of 6.5 coaxials

Well I originally came here with a set of Type-R coaxials and got told no and to go with comps. Then when I picked some Type-R comps, I got told no and to get Type-X comps. Lol I think the Type-R comp setup will be just fine for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.