New Speakers For My Evo IX

Don't even use rear speakers. A good set of components up front will be more than enough. Just go to smaller audio shops around you and listen to stuff. If you want to buy online, I suggest you go this way.

1. The Alpine HU you want is fine.

2. One good component set. The Type-X set is the only alpine set out there worth anything, but I would look elsewhere for speakers. There are literally dozens of companies out there that make great stuff. I would look at the Pioneer Premier TS-C720 PRS set. Great comps and can be had for around $250 online.

3. A good 2-channel amp. Anything by a decent company that puts out around 75-100w RMS x2 at 4 ohms will work. I'm particularly partial to Memphis amps.

There are also a few other things you need. You're going to need all your wiring. An 8 guage amp kit should do the trick. You'll also need to purchase some sound deadening material. Without properly deadened doors, your new components may very well sound worse than your stock speakers.

For install, you might want to consider having a shop (a real audio shop, not BB/CC) do it if you need it done soon. For a first timer, it can take a good amount of time. At least see if there are any forum members near you that might be willing to help.

Don't even use rear speakers. A good set of components up front will be more than enough. Just go to smaller audio shops around you and listen to stuff. If you want to buy online, I suggest you go this way.
1. The Alpine HU you want is fine.

2. One good component set. The Type-X set is the only alpine set out there worth anything, but I would look elsewhere for speakers. There are literally dozens of companies out there that make great stuff. I would look at the Pioneer Premier TS-C720 PRS set. Great comps and can be had for around $250 online.

3. A good 2-channel amp. Anything by a decent company that puts out around 75-100w RMS x2 at 4 ohms will work. I'm particularly partial to Memphis amps.

There are also a few other things you need. You're going to need all your wiring. An 8 guage amp kit should do the trick. You'll also need to purchase some sound deadening material. Without properly deadened doors, your new components may very well sound worse than your stock speakers.

For install, you might want to consider having a shop (a real audio shop, not BB/CC) do it if you need it done soon. For a first timer, it can take a good amount of time. At least see if there are any forum members near you that might be willing to help.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

If you dont feal like dropping the cash on deadening you could do that a later time. But it makes a HUGE difference.

Deck, comps, and comp amp. Thats a good start and dont worry bout rear fill. Do not waist your money on type r comps. You have a nice car dont put those peices of **** in it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alright fellas, after a lot of your great help and input and some research, this is what I have came up with for my setup.

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9884

Components: Alpine SPX-17PRO

Amplifier: Alpine PDX-2.150

I like to have all my stuff the same brand as you can tell...however I think that amp might be overkill. Any suggestions? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

if you are interested in that head unit i have the exact same one brand new so you can ask me about it or buy it off me or anything. Ive had it for 4 months not one scratch on it

Definately a nice ride! Well it sounds like you made your decision already but I will throw in my opinions.

1. Alpine makes an awesome head unit but the 1 you are looking at is only a 2 volt pre out 4 volt is better.

2. Alpine amps also kick butt so good choice.

3. Alpine speakers are there weakest product. There are definately better out there with better mid bass since you arent running a sub. Do your research and listen to some brands at a local dealer. I prefer CDT but thats me. I hear RE puts out a good set. I wouldnt settle for the Alpines.

4. leaving the factories in the rear is fine just run them straigt to the deck.

Good Luck

HU- Alpine CDA-9831

Sub-RE Audio-SR12”

Amps- Alpine MRV-F450 & MRD-M301

Speakers- CDT CL-62, 2 way comp. & CL-6 Midrange

Vehicle- 2004 Toyota Rav 4

the PDX amp is a great amp. i never used one, but by the ones i have seen, i would love to try a few out.

the alpine headunit should do you great. i have had a few - and i love them. i highly recommend them.

all i can say is that alpine speakers are definatly not the way to go. you spend like 27 GRAND on a car, why are you spending like $80 on a pair of speakers.

the phoneix gold RSD component set is supposedly got great reviews around these parts. and for 120 you cant go wrong.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17540

oz audio has always made a nice product, but i have not heard much about their newer components

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15340

get off of the mindset that all the things have to match brand wise. that is a terrible myth and misconception and will end up biting you in the ass. broaden your horizons and look into bigger and better things.

Definately a nice ride!
Thanks bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1. Alpine makes an awesome head unit but the 1 you are looking at is only a 2 volt pre out 4 volt is better.
Whats the difference? I was stuck on that HU because of Alpine and the red matches my interior perfect.

2. Alpine amps also kick butt so good choice.
I thought so as well just wasn't sure if that one would be overkill.

------------------

all i can say is that alpine speakers are definatly not the way to go. you spend like 27 GRAND on a car, why are you spending like $80 on a pair of speakers.
The Alpine Type-X's aren't $80...they are actually $650 on their site (but I know you can get them much cheaper on the net just like anything else).

I don't understand why everyone seems to be putting Alpine's speakers down, especially their top top top of the line comps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

No I haven't listened to it because no where around here can I test higher end setups like that.
The dealer locater on the Alpine site shows two authorized dealers in Springfield, IL. I'm sure there are more if you don't mind driving a little. Get out there and give some a listen, and get what sounds good to your ears. You're the one that will have to listen to them every day.

Also, you asked if the Alpine PDX-2.150 would be overkill. Not in the least! If they made a PDX-2.200 that would be even better. Any good component set you get will handle 150 watts without problem.

you can change the blue buttons on the far left to make them red also so it can match your interior completely
I am aware of that...thats what I'm saying the reason why I want that deck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.