New speakers distorting.

slothy

wi
Hello, I am new to these forums and am looking for a bit of help. Right now I have an Alpine deck (CDE-7858), and just got some 6x9 alpine speakers (sps-690A) installed in the rear, and have stock speakers in the front (car is an 89, so there pretty old). The main reason i replaced my rear speakers, is the sound would distort and be over all bad-quality when i cranked the sterio up (20-25 volume range). So now I'm still having the same problem with the new speakers, even when i turn the fade completly on the rear, and have no sound coming out of the stock front speakers, it still distorts. My sterio is only 20 wats, and the new speakers are 50 and 250max, so I dont see why they would distort, even at high volumes. My only explanation for this is maybe because I'm still running power through the old front speakers it is still distorting the back ones, even though the fronts are faded out completely.

I'm not very educated in this department, and any help or suggestions would be realy helpful. Thanks

Its the deck. If you want loud and clean, run an external amp. No deck I've ever heard can cleanly power speakers to a louder volume level.

Ahh alright, I actualy have a 30w amp that I'll install one of these days, are you sure that it's the deck, or could there be other possibilities.

sounds like deck, speakers 50w rms u said and deck pushing 20w rms, so there not gettin over powered if it happens on all cds/songs its the deck hook up the amp itll b cleaner sound to

It's the deck, install that amp of yours and you'll see the difference oh and dont forget to replace the front speakers too, the front stage is more important than the rear fills ( 6x9 in your case ). What kind of amp do you have? 2 channel, 4 channel?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.