new question : capacitor

Participant count
  • Participant list

DnLdUdE12
10+ year member

so... i think i messed up.

I installed my capacitor myself and i dont think i did it right. i didnt charge it :-(.

Once i found out that i have to charge it i attempted charging it and did everything correct EXCEPT i didnt have a dmm or test light so idk how charged it was but i did let it sit for a little while. My lights dont dim as much as they used to but the lights on the capacitor wont turn on. Did i completely mess my cap up? or do i just need to let it charge longer?

the one and only time i used a cap, it said to charge it but i didn't... i just wired it in and turned the car on... everything lit up on the cap and worked fine... what a waste of 49 dollars though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif have you tried turning the car on since you installed it?

yes but the lights dont turn on.
hmmm... not sure then. on the cap i used to have installed it wasn't always lit up, just sometimes, like when i turned the car on, or turned the stereo on or off, etc... idk, maybe it's faulty or you broke it (maybe someone else will chime in and correct me or know more). sorry, i got to say it, you should get rid of it and do the big three...

You can touch the pos and neg post of the cap across your tongue..to tell if its charged or not....
and film it too. im not sure exactly how to do it, maybe he can show all of us //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.