New Precision Power amplifier opinions.

tritiumglo

Precision Power was one of the best amplifiers you could have back in the day (early 90s).

They are back. They look good. Now the company is now owned by Soundstream.

Too often we see quality names getting sold out to some other company. The the quality gets thrown out the window. Take for instance MB Quart....... Does this apply to the new PPI or do we still have a quality amp worthy of consideration?

1l_10.jpg

O

Precision Power was one of the best amplifiers you could have back in the day (early 90s).

Too often we see quality names getting sold out to some other company. The the quality gets thrown out the window. Take for instance MB Quart....... Does this apply to the new PPI or do we still have a quality amp worthy of consideration?

1l_10.jpg
That little ppi 900.4 is a monster for its size ...the bk lines are nice as well ..i run the bk800.4 tons of ab power

The black ice line is very nice.... Better getem now while there being discounted!!!
I thought about buyin a cpl more 800.4 myself.cant beat em

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

The black ice line is very nice.... Better getem now while there being discounted!!!
I thought about buyin a cpl more 800.4 myself.cant beat em

Ya I grabbed me a 2 channel and a 4 channel... I had the BK1800 but neighbor kid had to have it!! Payed $100 more than what I payed for it!! He didn't want to wait for the shipping.... He just got his first car so... Lol

A lot of people have been really happy with what PPI's been doing lately, but I just wanted to clarify on your "owned by Soundstream" comment.

Soundstream doesn't own anything.

They're one more brand name under the Epsilon Electronics umbrella.

Power Acoustik, PPI, SS.

Since PA is the long standing brand it would be closer to the truth to say PPI is owned by PA, but still not exactly accurate.

They own insignia too and whole bunch of other brands not in the ca world
Don't think so.

Insignia is BB's house brand. Basically, they contract with about anyone who will make them product meeting a basic set of specs and allow them to put their brand "Insignia" on it.

I believe Power Acoustik did supply some amps to BB which were Insignia branded, but that is a long way from Epsilon "owning" Insignia, closer to the other way around.

Power Acoustic is great when you put a different brand name on it... absolutely pathetic how far down the toilet this industry has gone.
It helps to judge products on their individual merits when they're this cheap, and people are loving it. In this case this is one of the best products Epsilon-owned Precision Power has made so far. You're not paying into a brand that invests in dealers, you're paying for a value-oriented product.

It helps to judge products on their individual merits when they're this cheap, and people are loving it. In this case this is one of the best products Epsilon-owned Precision Power has made so far. You're not paying into a brand that invests in dealers, you're paying for a value-oriented product.
I had the displeasure of owning a couple items from Soundstream recently and they're garbage. I see plenty locally and frankly I'd take Audiopipe over most of it. I at least give credit to a company that sells cheap Chinese junk under their own name, not buy a name that used to be great to slap it on flea market junk.

Which Soundstream items did you own? Just curious as I was looking into some of the bigger Rubicon amps.

@OP- I have heard some pretty good things about those PPI amps, almost picked one up last night

Don't think so.
Insignia is BB's house brand. Basically, they contract with about anyone who will make them product meeting a basic set of specs and allow them to put their brand "Insignia" on it.

I believe Power Acoustik did supply some amps to BB which were Insignia branded, but that is a long way from Epsilon "owning" Insignia, closer to the other way around.
thanks for the info i didnt know that but i understand now kinda doesnt make since tho i thought epsilon amps were just bought from a build houses, seems like it would be cheaper for them to just go straight to the manufacturer. but i guess it gives power acoustik a way to be in best buy under a new name

Not to hijack but has anyone compared the PPI P900.4 to the Soundstream Reference Ref4.920? The Ref has slighlty higher wattage, is Class A/B, is much larger, and is $40 more than the PPI. The PPI is Class D.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.