New Phoenix Gold Octane-R amps are out

Originally posted by neonak The lowest line of PG still is the QX line, then comes tantrum, then titanium then octane //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i´m still hoping to go full octane-r
OK I dont understand your reasoning behind this

the prices go down from from Tit>Tantrum>Octane R

And the misratings on the octane are just ... less than par from PG.

Just explain it to me is all I ask

and If I may make a nother point about PG's "Top of the line"

The titanium subs are just a bit more pricy than the octane...

the octane R subs msrp at like 110 bucks

Octane-r is NOT the octane limited line, the R line is the first PG product line that is ment for a other audience of buyers (the ones with less k´s) and are labeled in MAX POWERS and not in the regular rms values (note the ohms).

As far as i´ve read so far the max power of the octane-r units may be seen as realistic but not for an extended period of time, the 800w max will give you the 800w rms but eventually it will kill your amp
wtf? so like for the R8.0.1 i think, 800watts is the max power? i thought that was the rms power. i mean it's advertised like dat in numerous sites.

ok, i know these are nice amps, but i can't help but notice the R on the end.. the dam rice is invading amps too!

its true about the R

As far as the official message coming from PG,

They probally think they are missing a lot of orders due to max power and rms power rated products. Ãlmost everybody rates with max and PG only rated rms so far.

Please note that I concluded to fast meaning that PG already had an OCTANE line which was very expensive compared to the titanium, now they have the octane-r which is their new lowest line instead of the new top line of what i thought.

About the reviews, i´m getting a r8.0.1 in about 3 weeks to test it (will be pushing 1 xmax 12" @ 600w rms also for testing). Dunno how good the review will be due to the short testing period i will have (4 weeks) but i´ll do my best.

PS: also ordered two octane-r compo sets, think they where a nice inbetween //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the original Octane amp was very nice,

but by the way these new Octane-R amps are marketed and desgined, they are definatley coming accross like an entry level line from PG

Originally posted by denim  

but by the way these new Octane-R amps are marketed and desgined, they are definatley coming accross like an entry level line from PG

yeah that's what i thought so too

just so dat ppl know...

R8.0:1 puts out 600rms @ 2ohms

R15.0:1 puts out 1000rms @ 2ohms

i don't know at what voltage they do it, i e-mailed them asking them for the voltage testing, and for the birthsheet. i'll put something up if i get anything back.

Originally posted by mykeys Denim its carmedia1.com I got too carried away with the E key on my last post.
ok cool decent site, they carry PG and A/D/S //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.