New Member, new car, 2005 Acura 3.2 TL Setup

I would stick with rf is that's what your about. And I really wouldn't call them overpriced. Compared to kicker, jl, dc audio, or another well known brands. I pick up two rs2d2's for my truck and they surprised the hell out of me for shallow mounts. But then again in running 1000 watts to em. Couldn't beat the price I payed though.

Here's a question: what ohm load will a 4 channel amp take on with the T2652-s Components the tweeter and woofer wired to a cross over then wired to an amp and i have 2 sets?

wish i had one of those in austin most people in my area are loners haha
feels like this on my side of dallas as well..

Here's a question: what ohm load will a 4 channel amp take on with the T2652-s Components the tweeter and woofer wired to a cross over then wired to an amp and i have 2 sets?
as long as the woofer is a 4 ohm speaker then it will be at 4 ohms.

man if you need any help with this build PM me i had a 2004 Acura TL A-Spec, i miss it so bad. these are great cars, everything on your equipment list looks great. but I highly reccomend looking into another brand for subs, rockford slacks in that area pretty bad.. youd be much more satisfied with someone like DC

I wouldn't bother with Rockford subs or speakers..... nothing special there at all. The amps are great, just way too expensive new. Everything else seems good. Oh, and ditch the cap. Also, I think a 190a alt will be a sufficient start. If it doesn't cost you much more though, then just shell out for the big 250a alt.

No not stock I plan on getting a Honda 190 amp alt for it. I work at a honda dealership so i can get good deals on fact parts. Yah, I want to match everything up RF. I had a firebird with a rediculas rockford system in it when i was younger (my last big build) so I really like RF.
I have a Rockford T-1000bdcp and I love it, so much better than my previous hifonics amp. Install sounds sick man. How much can you get that alt for? I have an '04 civic and have been looking around for one.

bassically caps dont work and to ge one to be equal to a batteries capacity you would have to have like 20k farads lol they do more harm then good and wont help your voltage get a good high AH rating AGM battery
Hate to jump in your thread with my own question. But it's about caps. I was thinking about getting one for my old 1991 toyota pickup with stock alt. I'm running a 1k watts, I will be upgrading the main battery but I was gonna add a cap too. Was thinking about doing a high output alt, I don't even know how to put one in and anything with engines and car besides the basic scares me. I talk to a few car audio places and shops about them putting on in but most won't do it cause the yeah of the truck ( liability bull crap). Could I just use a cap to help keep the power?

Hate to jump in your thread with my own question. But it's about caps. I was thinking about getting one for my old 1991 toyota pickup with stock alt. I'm running a 1k watts, I will be upgrading the main battery but I was gonna add a cap too. Was thinking about doing a high output alt, I don't even know how to put one in and anything with engines and car besides the basic scares me. I talk to a few car audio places and shops about them putting on in but most won't do it cause the yeah of the truck ( liability bull crap). Could I just use a cap to help keep the power?
Just get the biggest agm battery up front you can and do the big 3 upgrade 1k isnt to much for stock electrical you should at minimum fit a xs power d3400 up front that would be a good start . If your having voltage issues with those upgrades and 1k your amp isnt set right and your clipping

I would stick with rf is that's what your about. And I really wouldn't call them overpriced. Compared to kicker, jl, dc audio, or another well known brands. I pick up two rs2d2's for my truck and they surprised the hell out of me for shallow mounts. But then again in running 1000 watts to em. Couldn't beat the price I payed though.
Yea but better can be had than rockford for same money op talks about paying 400each sub I got my xls for a little nore than that each and they are double the sub of any Rockford

No not stock I plan on getting a Honda 190 amp alt for it. I work at a honda dealership so i can get good deals on fact parts. Yah, I want to match everything up RF. I had a firebird with a rediculas rockford system in it when i was younger (my last big build) so I really like RF.
Rockford ten years ago is not Rockford today. I would stick with the Rockford amps, their amps are still great, but as far as subs, there are much better options for your price range.

I've heard pretty good things about RF components, but I'd rather run different sets, but the trigger is already pulled on that gun.

I would also reconsider buying a capacitor. an extra battery would be a better alternative, especially if you're upgrading your Alt.

No factory head unit is regular old head unit, but it's nice and the way the dash is cut with the knobs i don't wanna replace it because i dont want an ugly install, plus I want it to look factory, no grills showing, deck factory everything else hidden away.
No, no, no. That is a terrible idea, sound reproduction on factory HU's is at best, horrible. I would reccomend dropping the cash for a nice Pioneer or Alpine HU.

Yah I know the sound on the factoy head unit *****, thats why I'm putting in the 3sixty.3, that'll pretty much be the control unit, the radio will just be for putting in cd's and Im gonna rewire the xm input to a usb, also the 3sixty.3 has a bluetooth audio function i can stream into with my droid. The reason i dont wanna tear the head out is because of the way its intergrated into the dash, if I replace it the new unit will look kinda ****** no matter what. Trust me I have a sweet Alpine deck I would love to throw in there but i just dont want the uglyness. And i DO NOT like double dins, too big and gody for me.

No, no, no. That is a terrible idea, sound reproduction on factory HU's is at best, horrible. I would reccomend dropping the cash for a nice Pioneer or Alpine HU.

A little disconcening with the rf not being what it used to be, my last good build was a sony rockford combo, 2 power hx2 15" DVC w/ a bd 1500 4 P5 10"s w/ a 700x a sony 4 channel running the fanatic Q components and that was insane, in a FIREBIRD yes a firebird. was tons of fun.

Yah I know the sound on the factoy head unit *****, thats why I'm putting in the 3sixty.3, that'll pretty much be the control unit, the radio will just be for putting in cd's and Im gonna rewire the xm input to a usb, also the 3sixty.3 has a bluetooth audio function i can stream into with my droid. The reason i dont wanna tear the head out is because of the way its intergrated into the dash, if I replace it the new unit will look kinda ****** no matter what. Trust me I have a sweet Alpine deck I would love to throw in there but i just dont want the uglyness. And i DO NOT like double dins, too big and gody for me.
Im sure with a little fiberglass work you could put a single DIN in there without it looking too bad, but I understand if you don't want to go through that hassle.

Good luck with your build, are you still set on running 100% rockford?

Im sure with a little fiberglass work you could put a single DIN in there without it looking too bad, but I understand if you don't want to go through that hassle.
Good luck with your build, are you still set on running 100% rockford?
on this yah I want some fosgate, I dont mind paying the price for the brand because i know they're reliable and seem to hold up well over time. of all the brands of amps and woofers ive had including JL Alpine Sony JVC and Jesen (i was 16 I didn't know any better) they seem to be the ones that held up the best. I'm not competing with the stereo i just want something loud to listen to on my 50 min drive to work every day.

on this yah I want some fosgate, I dont mind paying the price for the brand because i know they're reliable and seem to hold up well over time. of all the brands of amps and woofers ive had including JL Alpine Sony JVC and Jesen (i was 16 I didn't know any better) they seem to be the ones that held up the best. I'm not competing with the stereo i just want something loud to listen to on my 50 min drive to work every day.
but outta curiosity, what is the better than fosgate and why? they sound better? more decibals for the same power? or is it just a power struggle?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.