New Member, new car, 2005 Acura 3.2 TL Setup

3kwattz
10+ year member

Hi everyone, just joined the site and posting up my progress on here as I collect parts. I have an 2005 Acura 3.2 TL I bought last week and I haven't built a nice system in about 10 years so I figured I would do a big one in this one. I ordered the F and R components and they came in today so I'm all car audio "amped" up so to speak. But here is the idea of the build, lemme know what ya'll think and any suggestions would be nice since I haven't done this in a long time I forgot most of what I used to know.

Keeping the factory head deck

F / R Components Rockford Fosgate T2652-s 6.5's (Already got both sets $358 w/ shipping ebay bought them the day I bought my car and decided to build a nice stereo for it)

High/mid Amp RF T600-4

Subs RF T2D212 (Pair)

Low Amp T2500-1bdCP

Yellow Top Optima

Rockford 3sixty.3 Control Module

Rockford 10 Farad unit RFC10HB

190 Amp Alternator

That should be right nice.

I wouldn't do the T2 subs IF you plan on buying them new for $400. You can do way better for the price. But it looks like you wanna go all Rockford. Is so, the T2s are fine, just pricey. The rest looks good to me except I'd ditch the capacitor and get a nice 100ah battery for the back. Also is that 190a alternator stock?

No not stock I plan on getting a Honda 190 amp alt for it. I work at a honda dealership so i can get good deals on fact parts. Yah, I want to match everything up RF. I had a firebird with a rediculas rockford system in it when i was younger (my last big build) so I really like RF.

No not stock I plan on getting a Honda 190 amp alt for it. I work at a honda dealership so i can get good deals on fact parts. Yah, I want to match everything up RF. I had a firebird with a rediculas rockford system in it when i was younger (my last big build) so I really like RF.
rockford isnt tha great anymore their amps are but priced high their subs are meh i know they were good THEN but not NOW

No factory head unit is regular old head unit, but it's nice and the way the dash is cut with the knobs i don't wanna replace it because i dont want an ugly install, plus I want it to look factory, no grills showing, deck factory everything else hidden away.

I wouldn't do the T2 subs IF you plan on buying them new for $400. You can do way better for the price. But it looks like you wanna go all Rockford. Is so, the T2s are fine, just pricey. The rest looks good to me except I'd ditch the capacitor and get a nice 100ah battery for the back. Also is that 190a alternator stock?
I never went secondary batt, prolly stupid question but why would that be better than the 10 farad? I seriously don't know

Before I signed the papers on it, sitting on the lot.

16756_512302972136482_59422014_n.jpg

I never went secondary batt, prolly stupid question but why would that be better than the 10 farad? I seriously don't know
bassically caps dont work and to ge one to be equal to a batteries capacity you would have to have like 20k farads lol they do more harm then good and wont help your voltage get a good high AH rating AGM battery

bassically caps dont work and to ge one to be equal to a batteries capacity you would have to have like 20k farads lol they do more harm then good and wont help your voltage get a good high AH rating AGM battery
See didn't know that. I will go that route then and prolly do a 240-250a Alt instead to make up for the xtra charging power. TNX

See didn't know that. I will go that route then and prolly do a 240-250a Alt instead to make up for the xtra charging power. TNX
i run 2 60 ah batts in rear 240 amp alt and a 60 ah batt under the hood running 4krms and i dont have voltage problems if that gives you an idea. just get a good batt under the hood and a big 100ah in the trunk with 190amps youll be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.