New Kenwood eXcelon Decks

MarcBrev
10+ year member

CA
hey - i wanted to know if anyone had opinions or experiences with the new kenwood eXcelon decks like the KDC-X859. GOod? bad? anything i shuold know about it? I plan having it run in my 96 bmw m3 with stock harmon kardon speakers and an infinity perfect 12. Any opinions?

Yeah - the KDC-X859 is INCREDIBLE. The graphics are great and the features too. I don't know how seriously you've been checking them out, but I have one for sale on Ebay that is brand new in the box. It is my friends radio and he bought it and totaled his car before he could get it installed. Now he needs money so he asked me to put it on ebay for him. He wants to get $425 for it. The cheapest I've seen it on the net is $499 from crutchfield. If you think you might be interested just respond to this forum and I'll check it. If you don't feel comfortable with that, that's cool, but you should still check one out at your local Excelon dealer and pick one up - it's the best deck out there!! (tried to attach a picture but the file is too big)

Well, I love Kenwood decks, but only the Excelon line. The lower end cheap decks alright for now, but you wouldnt be dissapointed with any Excelon series deck. It is a really reliable deck and the quality in it is amazing(X859). I would say buy it, if you dont like anything from Alpine, Panasonic, Clarion, or Pioneer.

i question kenwood's quality. my kenwood (516) skipped from 1 15 in a sealed box, and my friend's eXceleron is skipping like a ***** from 2 15s...

my dealer only used clarion decks, and they last him 3-4 years before they need minor servicing (to replace the rubber parts) so that it will not skip. My kenwood skipped after 1 month!

The only way a good deck should skip is if it is installed wrong....or you hit a really big pothole, etc. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

nope, it was in there right...

i didn't have any insulation or anything, but it defenintly shouldn't have skipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

i even got it reconditioned once, and the **** thing still skipped!

POS

Hmmm...thats pretty weird, especially after you got it reconditioned it should never skip(even though it shouldnt have skipped in the first place). When you put insulation in there, you dont want it covering the ventalation holes right??

I have a Kenwood 2019 and it doesnt skip at all and its in my jeep YJ which has one of the hardest rides around. Theres no insulation around it either. Id rather have an excelon but I cant afford it.

I have had a kenwood excelon for over 3 and 1/2 yrs. It has been in 3 different vehicles and i have never had a problem with it, it has never skipped or began to show any signs of wear.

Originally posted by MarcBrev hey - i wanted to know if anyone had opinions or experiences with the new kenwood eXcelon decks like the KDC-X859. GOod? bad? anything i shuold know about it? I plan having it run in my 96 bmw m3 with stock harmon kardon speakers and an infinity perfect 12. Any opinions?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif :furious: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif :furious: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gifhey 2 thumbs up for kenwoods i got a Z727 awesome!!!!!no complaints no skipping,

go for it bud.

Originally posted by thunderman Yeah - the KDC-X859 is INCREDIBLE. The graphics are great and the features too. I don't know how seriously you've been checking them out, but I have one for sale on Ebay that is brand new in the box. It is my friends radio and he bought it and totaled his car before he could get it installed. Now he needs money so he asked me to put it on ebay for him. He wants to get $425 for it. The cheapest I've seen it on the net is $499 from crutchfield. If you think you might be interested just respond to this forum and I'll check it. If you don't feel comfortable with that, that's cool, but you should still check one out at your local Excelon dealer and pick one up - it's the best deck out there!! (tried to attach a picture but the file is too big)
Million Buy Kenwood KDC-X859

CD/MP3 Receiver with CD Changer Controls

Regular price: $650.00

Sale price: $399.95

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.