New iPhone HU

M@c
10+ year member

Any thoughts or experience on Parrots RXi8400? Designed for iPhone it's supposed to have full comparability through the touch

screen. They raised the price 100 three weeks after it's release.

But it still seems to be the best iPhone and digital music HU I've seen, at least from a comparability stand point.

I like seeing companys try and go outside their box. The parrot bluetooth car kits are quality and I'm sure this h/u is probably decent for the $.

Hey there,

Yeah, we were all pretty grossed out by the looks, its...just barely even closely matched with Clarion's older units...and thats saying something.

Anyway, we have had these in stock for some time now, about 3 months and they are in fact much better than the looks, thank god!

Their response time is just as fast as Alpine's media deckless IDA models and it has USB and Bluetooth. The best part however, is that it also has SD card functionality,which 95% of manufacturers no longer support.

I feel many customers do look for this particular feature and can rarely find it so its a nice refreshing change.

Sure hope that helps anyone out there thinking of buying one.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The looks could be better. Yet I like it better than alot of the popular HU with unnecessary graphics and lights - I'm looking for a clean simple looking unit. That has good

compatiblity with Iphone and digital media. Shooting stars and other stupid graphic themes is a nonstarter for me. I think the touch screen and album art display are great plus the phone inegration sound ideal. As long as it sounds good.

What's the best digital media Head in your opinion?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.