New HU

ynot818
10+ year member

I am going to put in a new headunit in my truck soon. I was wondering if Alpine's and Pioneer's new units had a faster iPod connection. I think Alpine now only connects through a cable instead of a whole unit, but which one out of the two is faster? New Pioneer or Alpine? I read that last years Pioneer iPod interface was slow as ****

I'm not really after a top of the line model from any company. Only plans I have is a single 10" under the back seat, and maybe, maybe some 6.5" comp set up front and some rear fill (my kids like to hear music). For now it will be still stock speakers.

H/U should play CD-Rs, MP3 will be nice, but not necessary if I could hook up my iPod. Never used Kenwood decks only Pioneer and Alpine. Budget is around $200 - $250 new.

From what I have heard the Pioneer IPod adapter is pretty slow if not the slowest out right now.

Seeing has how the newer Alpines' are directly connected, I am assuming it is the faster of the two.

If those are the only features that you would like than the Alpine 9852 would suit you well I think.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4i6t2pVssJV/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&id=features_and_specs&i=500CDE9852#Tab

Not sure if the local CC or BB has them on display but if they did, maybe you could ask if you could hook up your ipod to test em out.

I have heard pioneer is coming out w/ a new ipod interface that should be much better. and take advantage of the big screens. summerish time. its the same model;number as the current adapter but with II at the end. you can search for a press release on pioneers site.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ynot818

10+ year member
ynot818
Canoga Park, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from