New HU Wanted.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cypher64

I currently have a 3year old JVC mp3/cd/dvd player in my 06 Ford Escape, I've never particularly cared for sound quality on this deck and would like to upgrade it. I'd like to try and stay around $200CDN but would spend up to $300CDN if the deck gives a substantial quality increase.

Other components are:

4 x INFINITY REFERENCE 6832cf 6x8

1 x Alpine MRP-F300 V-Power Series (ch.1&2 to front doors, rear doors powered by deck and 3&4 bridged to sub)

1x Kicker 10" Comp Subwoofer

At the moment I just have the JVC hu hooked up to the stock Ford 6x8's, but I've got everything else installed and wires run but waiting on the 6x8's to get in tomorrow to make the new stuff go live. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It would be nice if I could get a deck from one of the local dealers (Visions.ca, Bestbuy.ca or futureshop.ca) so I can complete this install this weekend. My requirements are, rear USB for flash stick as I don't want my flash stick sticking out the front of the deck and would rather have it in the glove box where it is now and remote. Blue tooth and hands free would nice and would like to stick to Alpine/Pioneer as I've been happy with passed products.

Thanks.

I ended up picking up an Alpine CDA-117. My speakers never came in today so I left all the door speakers powered by the deck and ch.3&4 bridged to the sub. So far out of the box not bad at all, quite a bit nicer SQ than the older JVC Kameleon that I had, but OH so much harder to tweak. I think once I get the door speakers in and the fronts powered by the amp I'll take it to a local shop and get them to tune it. Running wires and plugging things in is the easy part, fine tuning, not so much.

Alpine CDA-117 Deck - $215

Kicker 10" Sub - $41

Bass Worx Box - $70

Wires - $50

Inifinity Reference 6x8 (2pair) - $140

Alpine AMP - $150

Total - $666 - $150(sold JVC deck) = $516CDN. Not too bad for a budget build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.