New Headunit

Participant count
  • Participant list

luke9511

hey everyone, i already have a nice pioneer head unit with bluetooth, but am looking to upgrade to a double din head unit for my 2004 frontier, i want to keep the bluetooth but also want to be able to use a backup camera, i am looking in the $100-$200 dollar range, something like that would be great (note i found this by random on amazon), i dont want this exact model but any advice would be great. here is the description from amazon

BOSS audio BV9757B In-Dash Double-Din 7-inch Motorized Touchscreen DVD/CD/USB/SD/MP4/MP3 Player Receiver Bluetooth Streaming Bluetooth Hands-free with Remote

Boss is junk. Good luck find something for $100.. In car audio u get what you pay for. I'm a kenwood guy so I say kenwood... Stay away from boss audio,dual audio, legacy pyramid

Boss is junk. Good luck find something for $100.. In car audio u get what you pay for. I'm a kenwood guy so I say kenwood... Stay away from boss audio,dual audio, legacy pyramid
i wasnt wanting that one it was just an example of what i was looking for, but thanks i will keep an eye out

hey in my opinion go with Alpine or Pioneer !

man save up for that head unit because someone in this forum told me before that a good head unit can make stock speaker sound really nice and its true !! I use to have a regular head unit that sounded nice then I upgraded to pioneer 80 prs and daaang the change in music quality was noticeable for sure !!

hey in my opinion go with Alpine or Pioneer !man save up for that head unit because someone in this forum told me before that a good head unit can make stock speaker sound really nice and its true !! I use to have a regular head unit that sounded nice then I upgraded to pioneer 80 prs and daaang the change in music quality was noticeable for sure !!
The 80PRS is in a whole league of it's own... excellent sound quality headunit with nice voltage on the outputs.

OP you are better of looking for a used double din - anything name brand from Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc... JVC makes some nice ones as well, essentially a Kenwood.

hey in my opinion go with Alpine or Pioneer !man save up for that head unit because someone in this forum told me before that a good head unit can make stock speaker sound really nice and its true !! I use to have a regular head unit that sounded nice then I upgraded to pioneer 80 prs and daaang the change in music quality was noticeable for sure !!
my stock speakers are from 2004 and sound like crap cause they just need to be replaced which is something else i will do in the future

Last edited by a moderator:
just make sure ,if you are going to change your stock speakers, to get a sub with an amp. I have not the best but a pretty nice set of components that everyone says have really good mid bass(xxx re 6.5 comp) and I had to treat the doors with dampening material and also built speaker pods for them to fit in the door. Let me tell you its a lot of work !!!! , I feel like aftermarket speakers are made to use with subs so they can have that clear quality on highs and then make up for the low end frequencies with the sub !,,,but don't cheap out on the head unit trust me bro!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.