New Head Unit Causes Fuse To Blow

So I disconnected the orange and white dimmer wire and connected the orange illumination wire and fixed the fuse blowing issue. Taped up the dimmer wire and now no issues. Only problem is that the screen still doesn't dim when I turn the headlights on. Anyone have any ideas on how I could do this?

So I disconnected the orange and white dimmer wire and connected the orange illumination wire and fixed the fuse blowing issue. Taped up the dimmer wire and now no issues. Only problem is that the screen still doesn't dim when I turn the headlights on. Anyone have any ideas on how I could do this?
Do you own a DMM? It would help if you could determine the behavior of the solid orange and orange/white wires from the harness. In other words what is the voltage at each wire when the headlights are on and off. Hopefully one of them will have 12V when the headlights are on and 0V with the headlights off.

Technically there is only one 12V constant source the battery. The question is does the head unit in the Honda get it's 12V constant through the illumination circuit. If that is really what is happening with Hondas, then the answer is not to over fuse, that fuse should be bypassed. In other words run the 12V constant straight from the battery, it's been a while since I bought a Pioneer but they used to supply nice long wires with fuse holders just for these situations. You don't even need to use all the wire and fuse holder, you can probably find an empty spot in the fuse panel to run a new 12V constant just for the head unit. So why would anyone suggest over fusing?
The reason I would suggest to put in a 10A is a 2.5A difference is unlikely to cause any problems. Also its basically the standard that we do for honda's. Thats is also what he was told by several honda techs. I would not suggest to over fuse just because, I did it because that is how this particular problem is solved.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.