....::::New Guy Needing Some Help With System Layout::::....

Participant count
  • Participant list

DevB22

Okay, so I am not stupid when it comes to car audio....But I do need some help...

I am looking for a nice clean setup that fits my budget...This is what I have been looking at:

10" Sub (I've only had JL, so what else is out there)

Amp

Component Set

Head Unit (I've got a head unit now, but open to what you think)

So I am looking to spend $300 roughly....So far I have found a JL 10W1V2 matched with an MA Audio M500XE 1000 Watt 4 Channel Amp...

Like I said I want something clean and simple, not into spl just quality bass/sound without breaking the bank...

This is going in my mini-truck, its a standard cab B2200...Here is a pic to get an idea:

miniprogresspics200.jpg

So if you guys could help me out I would greatly appreciate it...

Dev

We're all stupid when it comes to car audio.

I would not suggest that amp though, but with a budget of 300 for amp and sub, it's gonna be a hard feat. Are you gonna do everything yourself though?

I am going to wire it up myself yes...That is something that I understand completely!

Well with that JL and a JL amp I am looking $284 on the old eGay

I am willing to spend a lil more if its worth it!

Nice little mini. Post pics of the build of that in the Car Enhancement section! You think you could bump up the budget to $500? It would give you a lot more options. What HU do you have?

Nice I liked that one. Very simple. Wish I had picked one up for a budget install...Anyway it does have F/R/S pre-outs so you're good there. This would be a nice little budget system:

Comp Amp: Profile 2ch $105

Sub Amp: Profile 2ch $79

Comps:Polk DBs $169

Sub: RE RE12 $59

That should leave you enough for wiring and box materials. Give you a nice little bump.

Any of them? Profile is a very inexpensive, but reliable amp company and their amps put out their rated power. RE is a pretty big name in subs/speakers, but you may have never heard of them because they aren't sold at BB or CC..You've never heard of Polk Audio either? Either way, it would be a very decent budget system and not put a huge strain on your stock electrical system. I'd rather have a RE RE than a W1v2 too...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DevB22

DevB22
Northwest
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
LaserRed38