New Car.. opinions on 2 sub systems needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

whammybarallsta

OC/LA
I just bought a new 300c... daily driver for work and back basically, and not much more than that. I've already put nice rims on it but I dont want to clutter up the car with tons of car audio stuff or anything else, however, I would like to add a sub amp and a pair of 12's... nothing too fancy (expenso, or high maintainance), but I don't want junk either.

So far, I have found 2 systems that interest me in which can be had for about the same price give or take a hundred bucks or so ... around $800 new.

Here they are:

2 12" SSA Icon subs

1 Sundown SAE-1000D

* would be ordered from SSA

or...

2 12" Alpine Type R's

1 RF T1000.1BD

* would be purchased from local distributor

I don't really want to spend more than $850, If better can be had for less, let me know your thoughts. I can spend a grand but I'd be bummed out..hehe you know how it is, I have other interests.

I listen to rock, r&b, pop, some rap.. whatever that doesn't get on my nerves too quick really. I'm 35 and car audio is no longer a huge hobby of mine, yet I still enjoy it somewhat. I don't want to blow my windshield out, and I already know that I'll be underpowering the subs, but that's ok, I'm NOT going to be upgrading any electrical in this car. I like good sq bass that can still give you a great big kick in the @$$ when you turn it up with the right program material.

I already have my high's and I swapped out the OE HU for a Pio Z2.. just looking for some opinion's on these 2 subwoofer systems I'm thinking about from people who have more experience than I with these products.

Thanks!

If your debating those systems. i would say SSA hands down heard em in my buddy's ride real nice setup sounded great. such a well built sub:D.

2 AQ sd2.5s and 1200d about 650.. money left 2 build box and wiring
Hhmm, ok, cool... I'd like to know more about the product... I've never heard of them, can you tell me more about them or point me to a link or web site so I can check them out?

As far as my background in car audio , just to give a heads up... all of my experience was back from '87 to about '94. I had a Nissan Hardbody single cab with a shell, 2 Lanzar 15's firing through a cut cab, and three firing through the back window about a foot away from your head... 5 VII series HiFonics Colussus amps. All the amp companies, Orion, PG, RF, Lanzar, etc. were still made in the US, and getting out of car audio, I believe before Lanzar sold out just came out with the 1st gen. Opti Drive series amps. Class D topology wasn't even being used yet, at least not in any popular form. Does this make me an old schooler?

Anyway, I have experience in car audio, I just don't know anything about all the new products and companies that have come out the past decade and a half, and don't really know whats good or bad anymore. Just been kinda following a few threads in the forum and doing a little homework, so all your help is greatly appreciated, after all my dollars are going to be spent on the culmination of your opinions and whatever I can gather here without having to go out and spend too much time shopping around in the streets.

Thanks!

http://www.audioque.com/aq/SDC2_5_Series.htm

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm

very high quality equip.. its the little brother company to Digital Designs.. i swear by these products, although i think these subs could take the AQ 2200D amp

Also, DJL is the owner or AQ and is on these threads daily. shoot him a PM or call the Audioque numberand those folks will do everything in their power to help you.. this is a verypocket friendly system with an audiophile in mind.. just what ur seeking, im sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.