New BIKE!!!

listen to the people that actually wear the things on their heads. mags are biased. just read ca&e and you will see how much influence a full page ad has.
Wear them.... crash them into the ground. Big difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wear them.... crash them into the ground. Big difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
you cant tell me that you have been air lifted from a track before or taken away in an ambulance. listen to the guy that has been through the scary stuff.

i started it up last night and it has a nice throaty hum to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif i'm too scared to go fast on it anytime soon though
Nice, 01' you prolly got a decent deal on it too.

Invest in a 2-day basic rider course, you won't regret it. The skills/tips I learned saved my arse 2x's so far. You will stay calm in danger/emergencies, which is not a matter of IF, but WHEN.

so if they are outdated and dont update their requirements, why do major racing organizations still go by their ratings for their standards? also, why wouldnt a snell SA90 or a SA95 helmet be accepted today by those organizations if they are the same as a SA2000 which is still accepted or a SA2005 which is the most current?
Because if the helmet is rated with a standard that is 5 years or more old, then the helmet is that old as well. The foam in the helmet deteriorates with time and has to be replaced. Making sure that the helmet is certified to the newest standard insures hat the helmet is not older than 5 years.

Do your research. You're blindly going with what the racing orgs have to say. If the racing org were to estalish their own standards for a helmet, rather than just accepting an already established standard, they would open themselves up to lawsuits in the event of injury if one of their certified helmets was involved. Since the Snell rating is the only one out there and the racing orgs are not going to accept the liability of establishing their own standards, they have no choice but to accept the Snell rating. That still doesn't make it that great.

If you still think that there is a comparison between racing accidents and street motorcycle accidents you still are ignoring the facts of the matter.

listen to the people that actually wear the things on their heads. mags are biased. just read ca&e and you will see how much influence a full page ad has.
You don't think that the writers and editors for Motorcyclist ride or wear helmets? Are you really that blind? There is no comparison between Motorcyclist and CA&E. There are actually journalists that work at Motorcyclist. It is a mag. Gradeschoolers write better than the idiots at CA&E. It is a rag.
The staff at Motorcyclist caught a lot of flack for the article and LOST advertising. They refused to retract the articlae and refused to appologize for it and several major advertisers terminated their contracts as a result. That sounds like responsible journalism to me. You know, the true responsiblity of the media. Informing the public of the truth. Ignoring the money aspect to focus on what the people need to know.

I'm sorry to be the one to burst your fragile little world but you need to open your mind up a lot. You keep saying that the magazines are biased but you blindly follow marketing, not even the illusion of impartiality there, just straight hype. I wouldn't take a helmet makers word for anything unless they provided independent test results to back up their claims and the test actually had merit. I'm showing you that info and you are calling it biased. A purely objective test cannot be biased. They didn't rate comfort or looks or anything like that, only impact resistance using meaningful criteria. If that has less merit in your eyes than a company's marketing or the endorsment of an organization that has done no published testing but rather adopted another standard as their own in the interest of reduced liability and is totally irrelevant to the situation under discussion anyway then you need to wake up.

you cant tell me that you have been air lifted from a track before or taken away in an ambulance. listen to the guy that has been through the scary stuff
So you can only have an informed opinion on helmets if you've been in an accident requiring medevac? RIIIIIIIGHT! I'm gonna go ahead and call BS. That's like saying an automotive engineer doesn't know anything about what makes a safe car because he's never crashed one, or that a paramedic doesn't know how to save a life because he's never died. A lucky man can learn from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others. I'll take the steps to become a wise man.

Best I can tell the only post you consider useful is one that reinforces your preconceived notions regarding what you think you know. Heaven forbid someone actually provide more information and a differing viewpoint from you giving others the chance to see more than one side of things and make up their own mind from an informed position. You haven't provided one bit of really useful info to this post. You have repeatedly tried to say that I am wrong but have yet to provide anything other than your clearly biased opinion as way of support. If you aren't going to back up your claims with anything other than basically "I said so and I know what I'm talking about," then shut up and let others read the info and come to their own conclusion as to who is giving the whole of the truth.

nice bike. i had a '99 f4. unbreakable.

as far as helmets go...i had a few during my ~10yrs on bikes. my favorite was an hjc. unfortunatly, it did no good when i got into a wreck and recieved some pretty severe head trauma. i don't remember the first three days in the hospital and the rest of the first week is a little sketchy. the hjc helmet came out unscathed...it was sitting in my garage when i was out riding.

summary: wear your helmet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

benvaldi88

10+ year member
b-valdi
benvaldi88
Rochelle, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date