New BIKE!!!

Not true. I won't put anything on unless it's proven. Shoei and Arai are what have been on my head, and I won't look back. When I get some more money to spend on a lid I'll even go up into the higher bucks.One thing I have to say to people who use them being broke as an excuse...

"THERES NO PRICE ON YOUR HEAD"

I was 17 and bought a $450 Shoei, an didn't even really work. I will never regret (sp) it.

exactly. i cant stress that enough. guys that i race with spend 40k on racing, but buy a $250 helmet. doesnt make sense.

Not true. I won't put anything on unless it's proven. Shoei and Arai are what have been on my head, and I won't look back. When I get some more money to spend on a lid I'll even go up into the higher bucks.One thing I have to say to people who use them being broke as an excuse...

"THERES NO PRICE ON YOUR HEAD"

I was 17 and bought a $450 Shoei, an didn't even really work. I will never regret (sp) it.
What are you talking about? Shoei and HJC are both DOT approved. They went through the same DOT testing. How can one protect you better than the other if they both meet the safety requirements? You could say that the Shoei is a harder, more firm helmet, but that would make it worse since you WANT the helmet to give under impact and absorb as much as the impact as possible so that your brain doesn't. The only thing Shoei will have over the HJC is looks, comfort, and better ventilation. At least this is the case so far in my experiences, and reading from others. Not saying the guy shouldn't get a Shoei or other expensive helmet, just saying that the cheaper ones will protect him just as well. That's the only thing that really matters when it's time to crash.

For Bri487. I'm not trying to say that Shoei or whatever other expensive helmet isn't worth it. I'm just saying that it will PROTECT you no better than any other DOT approved helmet. I'm sure professional racers don't use cheap helmets for a variety of reasons: visor fogging up, ventilation, COMFORT(probably more important than most think when your racing for a living), and not to mention they probably get them for free from sponsors. But there not just solely using them cause the others won't provide sufficent protection.

What are you talking about? Shoei and HJC are both DOT approved. They went through the same DOT testing. How can one protect you better than the other if they both meet the safety requirements? You could say that the Shoei is a harder, more firm helmet, but that would make it worse since you WANT the helmet to give under impact and absorb as much as the impact as possible so that your brain doesn't. The only thing Shoei will have over the HJC is looks, comfort, and better ventilation. At least this is the case so far in my experiences, and reading from others. Not saying the guy shouldn't get a Shoei or other expensive helmet, just saying that the cheaper ones will protect him just as well. That's the only thing that really matters when it's time to crash.
Hey guy, DOT is just a min. standard.

Listen I have been invovled in some serious motorsports, and I can see Bri has too. And we both agree on the same thing, and why? experience.

HJC's and whatnot are fine, its just the fact that a Shoe, Arai etc. (there are plenty more, these are jus the pop. ones) WILL protect your head Better. All the reasons you stated are false.

2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i with a Viper pipe

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif :veryhapp: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif :veryhapp: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
I have no comment untill there is a bigger picture where i can see something other thatn a silver/black/brown/white blob.

I have no comment untill there is a bigger picture where i can see something other thatn a silver/black/brown/white blob.

I'll get more detailed pics up this weekend hopefully... oh and i decided i'm going to wear a sock on my head for a helmet when i ride //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I'll get more detailed pics up this weekend hopefully... oh and i decided i'm going to wear a sock on my head for a helmet when i ride //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Sweet! make sure you go out there and try some special K's!!! Youll get em...

yaya, I use to have a Emmick 125 shifter. Fun lil things
i started on an invader, then went to a few emmicks 3 or 4, then had three trackmagics, now the one in the pic is a cts. not a production chassis, only built, bent, welded by one man, who is a racing fab legend. the only chassis that has an adjustable seat positioning built to it, built all from american chromoly, and the only one that is tig welded. by far the best one i have ever driven, and i have drove just about all of them. oh, and its a 125 as well, swedetech built motor, all brembo brakes including two genuine brembo masters, not those brembo knock offs built by martin that everyone uses. all around the best built, best adjustable chassis, most responsive to changes, and all around the best chassis i have ever drove.

do whatever you choose, i just thought i would give you some direction from an experienced gear head. you know what your head is worth.

oh and to clarify things, its not the hardest helmet shell that makes helmets expensive, its the quality of the inner lining.

Nice stuff man. I got into motorcycles so I never got real deep into it. My fav. part was betting people in WS6's and such, that I could take them in it. Never lost........

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

benvaldi88

10+ year member
b-valdi
benvaldi88
Rochelle, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date