Good deal or not???

REVRIDER1, I do not even know. I change my oil every 2800-3000 like clock work. I use Valvoline MaxLife - 10W30. It has about 104000 miles. I mean I got up one Staurday to clean my entire car, including engine and cahnge my oil and notice a puddle. After I cleaned it and changed the oil. I hosed underneath it and wipe all grime and dirt from it. Drove it for a about 2 miles, then parked it in the garage and later that night another puddle. I call the dealership and they said $850. This is crazy, but I always say, a vehicle is a necessary evil. Is there anything I can use to stop the leak for about 2 weeks, until I can get money to do the repair.

Thanks

how big are the puddles and what is the consumption on a daily/weekly basis?

depending, id rather spend 1.50 every so often to keep the level up then to spend $900

also call up alot of repair shops and get a wide variety of estimates

as far as stoping it for 2 weeks i woulnt bother, all that magic in a bottle crap is exactly that...especually if its a mod/heavy leak

These were big ones, because they were just tearing up the roads for re-pavement. They believe the seal just went and needs replacing. I called the dealership, because with Suzuki they always claim the proper tools are needed and their price was $850. The mechanic shop said it is so much, because they have to drop the engine to replace the seal, which is about $4.99. I am going to drive my van until I get the extra money to fix it.

i guarantee half of that is for labor costs. they always want to much money to fix problems these days.
Much more than half - the part itself isn't pricey at all...it's just accessing the particular part of the motor to remove/replace it is a PITA.

As labor is what nowadays.....$62.50/hour or something like that??? Jobs such as that can get expensive in a hurry, unfortunately. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i guarantee half of that is for labor costs. they always want to much money to fix problems these days.
yeah its so ridiculous how they want to actually pay a mechanic to take care of what you are too incompetant and illequiped to do. its terrible i tell ya, how can they even think for one these professional workers expect a reasonable living amount from their paychecks. robbery.

you jackaSs.

Much more than half - the part itself isn't pricey at all...it's just accessing the particular part of the motor to remove/replace it is a PITA.
As labor is what nowadays.....$62.50/hour or something like that??? Jobs such as that can get expensive in a hurry, unfortunately. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
standard labor rate at dealerships and specialty shops is now $85 and up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.