New amp install

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I am planning on putting a kicker CX660.1 amp in my car. I draws 600 rms and 1200max, it will be powering 2 12in kickers that do 600rms total, and 1200 max total (Kicker DCOMPS12 Dual 12" Single Voice Coil 2 Ohm Subwoofers with Enclosure | eBay). For the amp wiring/kit what gauge wire should I get? This will be the second amp in my car and I want to make sure I get this right. On top of that I was looking at getting a capacitor, I feel like I should get this because I have seen some dimming in my lights.

For the amp kit I was looking at:

Brand New Kicker 09DCK8 8 Gauge 2 Channel Amplifier Installation Kit | eBay (8 gauge)

or

Rockford Fosgate RFK4I 4 AWG Gauge Installation Amplifier Amp Kit | eBay (4 gauge)

And for the capacitor:

New VM Audio SRCAP2 0 2 Farad Car Hybrid Digital Power Capacitor Blue LED Cap | eBay (2 Farad)

Any and all help would be appreciated.

^^^I agree. Get the RF kit. RF wire is good stuff. Then when you wanna run more watts (which is inevitable) you'll be ready for around 1200 rms or so. Better overkill on the wire than not stout enough.

Dimming represents an electrical strain on your battery, and you didn't indicate what your second amplifier was. You may need an upgraded alternator or try a deep cycle battery (ie. Optima) and see how that works. I'm not a fan of capacitors since they essentially do the same thing that the power drain is causing.

Can you suggest a proper kit or fuse that I should get?

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Get at least 4 gauge but you're going to want a bigger fuse like 125 amp instead of the 60amp they include in that kit.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

^^^I agree. Get the RF kit. RF wire is good stuff. Then when you wanna run more watts (which is inevitable) you'll be ready for around 1200 rms or so. Better overkill on the wire than not stout enough.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Amazon.com: KnuKonceptz Kolossus 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit: Electronics

DB Link Gold Edition MANL150 150 Amp Mini ANL Fuses 4 Pack Gold Plated | eBay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.