New 12" Brahma

Participant count
  • Participant list
i dunno its kinda hard for me to get in there and actually measure it, but using a tone generator there is pretty much no cone movement at around 26hz.... he used different bracing pieces,but i wouldnt think those would not displace enough volume to effect it that much....something aint according to plans...but i like it so far so thats all that matters

tested with SSD and Brahma both same result.... 26ish

extremely different suspension between the two subs...Fi after a year is still extremely tight, Brahma brand new was as loose as my wifes *******
All that bracing adds-up.

I just looked and I get .30ft3 displacement for all of it... just the bracing in the chamber. 

26hz?.. that's a LOW tune... it's gotta be peaky and low in that volume if the bracing was left out or changed much and that's what changed the tune.

my rta shows a fairly flat response (which was my goal) so it just kinda worked out perfectly...i dunno, im all smiles though....im not doubting your plans at all, i will point the finger at the builder

Last edited by a moderator:
Rta, tone generator... I'd sure like to find the time and have the tools to use some of that.

I'd probably fall down that rabbit-hole called Sq again if I did... man I sure spent a TON back in the day.

Ah crap... ding the designer... he dons his steel underwear daily before going online.

try measuring it with the box outside the trunk if you can. Its either the box is tuned to 26 hz or your car peaks really low.   

My buddy's altima was peaking at 38hz no matter what his tuning was with the adjustable port from 28hz tuning to 44hz tuning and its where the sub moves the least amount.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.