Northeast Region NESPL 10/11 Chicopee Mass

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
Team XLA/TJ - Congrats on Top Team bro, and thanks for your help and generosity for the past 2 seasons
Thanks Dave Glad the Team could help it was nice to work with ya and im happy to see good thing are looking your way.

if ya need any thing any time just holler see what i can do.

I would like to Start with thanking My Team that helped us take home the Trophie.

Scotty Thanks Bro looks like Blood is thicker then watter. even though ya went threw a ruff time this yr family first congrats on the wins this yr i like working with ya and Thanks for the help and team support ya gave this yr.

Victor Thanks Bro its was cool to help ya out and finaly get things up and going not bad for only 800 watts and a subzone box next yr good things will happen and the team will get bigger and your going to liern lots of new tricks and its Team Xtreme is Glad to have ya on the team.

And to my Wife Bonnie. and my two kids Kelly and Anthoney Thanks to you all for the support and help when it was needed you guys were the drive that i have in this sport and when times got ruff you were the ones that keep me going. you were the ones that keep telling me no matter what happens to just do it have fun doing it and to live and forget the hatters along the way.

I would like to Thank Luke Thanks bro hope to have ya on the team next yr This could be fun. Thanks for the support ya showed yesterday and thats what im all about helping one another and haven fun doing it.

I would like to Thank Rusty FRom Dc the trophie Is sick thanks bro also Would like to Say THanks for the Support ya gave me and a few of my old team mates Thanks bro you are the man I will say You My firend Have one of the Best Customer Supports I have Ever Delt With and i will be A Lifer This is whaT Every one looks for in a corp And You my fired have it all coverd support One of the Best product i have played with and Some one that knows what it takes to be like us in the lains Hope one day to get back in the lains competing side by side with ya again. them were the days.

Thanks for every thing and Thanks for supporting this show and steve he is a real good guy.

Last but not the lest.

I would like to thank Mike Houde Dave Kasper And Derrick. IT was fun sorry that things did not last some times in life ya must move on to lirn what ya think that one has not tought ya enough of im a hard person to lirn from some times im stuck in my old ways reason for this is i liernd the hard way i had no one to show me what i lirend i did it all my self.

No one to ask if this or that would work whay is this i was like every one of ya hard headed ya some of the ides ya had were cool some of them might have worked if they were in the proper setups but what it comes down to is facts been there had lots of time testing to find out it dont work that way.

over the yrs i have sead to my self one day i will come across a few guys that will make me have fun keep me on my toes and we will have fun doing it and guys i did sorry it takes one to reck it for every one but this happens I wish you all the best of luck next yr and i dont have any hard feeling but what ya see here in this post. some of ya were like my lil brothers as me being the oldes one and im sorry i could not help ya grow any more then what you would alow me to show ya some times egos get in the way of the kind harts some of us have and one day when your in a rut i hope you will not be afraid to pic up the phone and call for some advice I wish you guys the best of luck.

This soprt is not easy and i dont know every thing but i do know what i know and what i know have keep me ahead of my game but i have liernd one thing in this sport get the help when ya can cuse the big ego and the attutued that you are the man will get you know where but knocked back down a few in the lain just when ya think you are the loudest there is always some one louder.

i wish you all well and thanks for the support i hope you all come back next yr and we can all have open mindes and no hard feelings lord know you will always be like family nop matter how hot headed one will get. Good Luck and tanks for This yr it was fun.

And Mike I love ya Bro Dave No hard fellings Love ya to bro Derric Good luck glad the fight will hopefuly be over love ya to. Team Xrteme Loud Tj

And to all the other teams Team renots , Act And every other team we went up agenst this yr it was fun hope to see ya at the next show the last one of the yr befor the new builds. Thanks for the fun yr it was fun.

Steve i can say enough to you and your wife Thanks Tj

What a season, what a weekend, what a show I'm still kind of in shock. I have so many great people to thank for so much. !st a huge thanks to Steve and Cathy and not just for all the hard work and massive amount of comps you ran, you personally helped me so much. TJ said it best, I also can't say enough.

I must thank my family for all the support, without them not only would I have not been able to accomplish what I have this season but I would be in a gutter some where.

I'll be thanking Dave Lehneman for the rest of my days lol. Bro you have taught me more in 3-4 months about being truely loud then I learned in my entire life. I owe sooo much to you, and for a second lets forget car audio, you are just an awsome person who has more class and kindness in your pinky finger then most people have in the whole body. I am a much better person for knowing you. You def. are THE Competetor of the Year, a more well deserved recipiant doesn't walk this earth. Hell, the ave. SPL for the entire league would be MUCH lower if you were not around, and thats a fact. When Kyle and I were checking out the trophies earlier in the day he was trying to read through the tape to see who's name was on it, but I didn't cuz I didn't need to, I knew it was you it had to be, there was no 2nd place. Your in a league all by yourself IMO.

Thanks to my team mates, you all helped a ton. This season has been a collected effort, we helped each other as much as we pushed each other to be better (& louder) versions of ourselves. It made the season even more special to me to say the least.

Thanks to Mike and Keith from Team Renots, you guys gave me alot of good tips and advice all of which always helped me no suprise :)

Thanks to all of the exsperienced competetors, like TJ and the guys from Team XLA, Mike Shoesmith, Chris Steel from ACT Audio, Ron Correia, I know I am missing some names but my head stil kind of spinning so forgive me if I forgot to list your name. All of you made this rookie feel right at home and comfortable at every event. NESPL is great for alot of reasons, one of them being how cool and friendly its list of competetors are, without people like I just listed it wouldn't be the same.

Thanks to my sponsor Soundstream of course, special thanks to Grizz Archer you are a great rep. as well as being a very cool guy! You gave me better support and equipment then I could have asked for.

Thanks to DC audio, pumped you decided to support NESPL. A wise choice IMO one I know you will not regret. That said it impressed me, support from companies like you is what this sport needs. You are a model for the rest of the industry.

Thanks to Smokedog, you came through with that power drill! I wouldn't have gotten my subs wired down in time and would not have even gotten to make an SPL run. It came down to the last 5 mins!!! Talk about cutting it close yikes, made for some intense drama tho, the iceing on the cake.

Got to say Ted Adams was very cool, after besting his score he shook my hand and congradulated me, a genuine congrats I was impressed. Also impressed how sick he was but he show'd anyways, he slept in his car at a rest stop after the show thats how hard core he was yesterday lol.

I couldn't have scripted a better rookie season, learned so much, met so many new people I like and had more fun then I could have imagined. I'm blown away and addicted to say the least. I'm sure when I come down from cloud 9 I'll think of some more people I need to thank. I def. didn't hit 150.4 in less then 4 months by myself, it took all the above listed to make it happen and it means more then I can ever say, means the world to me! Only problem you all have now is your stuck with my company at every event now ;-) It has been an honor to share the lanes and time with you all.

I must thank my family for all the support, without them not only would I have not been able to accomplish what I have this season but I would be in a gutter some where. your lucky you got the support of your family

Thanks to Smokedog, you came through with that power drill! I wouldn't have gotten my subs wired down in time and would not have even gotten to make an SPL run. It came down to the last 5 mins!!! Talk about cutting it close yikes, made for some intense drama tho, the iceing on the cake.
anytime man i am glad i could have a hand in you getting your 150+ i am sorry i misssed it wifey wanted to go and smoke lol or i would have been there got to keep her happy she hates bass and she was a good sport for even going and dident ***** the whole time.

had a great time at the show cant wait for the next one coming up and i cant wait to next year where i can do a whole season

can i get some help on my box i need to get a new port with something like 150sq port area

box is 38.5 wide 15 high 35 deep out side .75 mdf with 45s in all conors so the in side at the top and bottom are 32.5d 36w and 12.5 h if i rember the total cubes is 8.88 right now but i only have 81 inches of port

i want to get atleast 2 more dbs by friday any help or direcction would be greatly appricated thanks

check out my youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeypitbull

http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeypitbull

there are vids from the last show there

if ya need any help holler bro thats what were here for.
well heres my problem i have no room for my port and dont know what to do

4 12s trunk is full no room for port or the back and the front of the box is under the rear deck the part i cant get out. i am thinking port in the middle but not sure if that will work. in stead of it runnin on the pass side with half it blocked from trunk and whats left of the rear deak ideas????? i can get pictures did 141.1 i want more with what i got and i know it can be done

I'd say you need your port on driver side, def not passenger side. Pics would help for sure but before I can make any real suggestions I'd say take Dave "NESPL Competetor of the Year" Lehneman's advice. He mentioned to me yesterday that he made a suggestion to you about your port, he didn't say exactly what his suggestion was but I'd do that what ever it was. If you can't remember what he told ya I am sure if you ask him he'd tell you again.

I'd also say that 150 square inches of port seems very low to me, I have less cone area and maybe a smaller box (not sure on that one) and I have over 350 square inches of port. :) But you have space issues so dunno what is possible to fit port wise. Either way tho Dave or TJ (street b explor) are awsome people to get advice from, much much better then me. Thier numbers speak for themselves really, hell Daves helped so many people on tour get so much louder I can only imagine how much lower the leagues yearly average SPL level would be without him helping so many of us.

You def. have more in it then 141.1 IMO but hey, I remember at the Aftershock show you got a 138.3, so an almost 3 db jump in 2 comps is great trust me, that is one thing I do know alot about ;-) Your def. going in the right direction, so keep up the good work. Just listen to Dave or TJ and you can't go wrong, it worked for me, and everyone else they have helped.

In all the excitement I almost forgot to give a big congrats to Team XLA on winning Best Team 2009, you guys def. deserved it. It was a real pleasure being part of the race for it and it added alot of fun and suspence over the season. I hope Steve keeps the points race for next year, as well as the other yearly awards, cuz besides how much fun it adds to the league it gives us all something to shoot for, multiple goals and such make us all better and determined to achieve. Just one of the many many things that makes NESPL so great.

So again job well done XLA.

I'd say you need your port on driver side, def not passenger side. Pics would help for sure but before I can make any real suggestions I'd say take Dave "NESPL Competetor of the Year" Lehneman's advice. He mentioned to me yesterday that he made a suggestion to you about your port, he didn't say exactly what his suggestion was but I'd do that what ever it was. If you can't remember what he told ya I am sure if you ask him he'd tell you again.
I'd also say that 150 square inches of port seems very low to me, I have less cone area and maybe a smaller box (not sure on that one) and I have over 350 square inches of port. :) But you have space issues so dunno what is possible to fit port wise. Either way tho Dave or TJ (street b explor) are awsome people to get advice from, much much better then me. Thier numbers speak for themselves really, hell Daves helped so many people on tour get so much louder I can only imagine how much lower the leagues yearly average SPL level would be without him helping so many of us.

You def. have more in it then 141.1 IMO but hey, I remember at the Aftershock show you got a 138.3, so an almost 3 db jump in 2 comps is great trust me, that is one thing I do know alot about ;-) Your def. going in the right direction, so keep up the good work. Just listen to Dave or TJ and you can't go wrong, it worked for me, and everyone else they have helped.
yea i rember what dave told me and i am takeing that into concideration he said slot over two round 8'' ports but explained to me that figuring port lagth is hard.on two ports and its along math problem. i dont mind doning the math i am good at it. but i wanna save dave the trouble of writeing it out. hes help me out alot already hes a great guy. unforcantly i cant aford to do changes to my box everyday kinda want to get it close the first well 3 time now. where my problem comes is room i have none!!!! i cant really put the slot port in the front of the box cuz of the rail thats on the rear deck. and side to side is cinda blocked two so i think i am going to be stuck in the middle??

that 138.3 was with just my 2 12s i am happy with my 141.1 but like you said theres alot more. i want 145. my 3 db jump i am not happy with cuz i add 750 more watts and 2 more 12s 3 is not enough for me i want more.

i am open for every suggustion. i would love to break the 150 mark but i dont think thats going to happen with my setup i have. do you?

thanks again everyone

impossible for me to say if there is a 150 in your current system cuz I am not familiar enough with it, I will say that breaking it for me was very hard and I have a hatch. That by no means doesn't mean it's not there though just means its hard lol. To get me there it took tons of changes and more help then I can write in text from sooo many people. Dave def. had the biggest hand in it happening tho, I'd be lost without his guidence. It def. requires tons of testing on the meter. Being stuck with your port in the middle isn't neccassarily a bad thing, technically mines in the middle tho I have to angle it towards the driver side, when I do that I see significant gains.

At one point in the season I doubled my power and saw barely a 2 db gain, in theory I should see a 3 db gain from double'n my power but thats why they call it theory, in practice its usually less then the 3 as I proved this year. There's so many variables that go into that & every time you make one change it changes other things. It def. sounded a hell of alot better yesterday, sounded **** good esp. compaired to the Aftershock show. btw what freq. were you using, if my memory is right which i doubt I thought you were using a pretty low note, hard to get loud on the mic using low notes, of course the tuning of your enclosure is a big factor.

Congrats to everyone one and all. I'm very sorry I missed it. Steve to you and wifey, congrats, NESPL is growing by leaps and bounds. You really got something going.

BTW, we want a winter show, lol.

I third that! I don't know how I will survive all winter without NESPL, will make winter feel even longer then it already does lol.

Thanks for the congrats Mr. Slate, you were at Motor Jam right? I am so bad with names, I am good with faces but pretty sure I got to meet you there although I may have been "rude" and not properly introduced myself cuz I was pretty over excited that day as it was my 1st show with all new gear. Those that know me well know that I am like a crack head on "game day". I get so excited that half the time I forget to close my vents, or move seat or something stupid like that. Normally I am pretty laid back but get me near an SPL lane and I get all crazy and ignorant lol. I actually started making a little check list of my run rituals so I stop forgetting due to excitement. But I digress, were you the one with the cigar?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SPL Blazer

10+ year member
SPL Event Promoter
SPL Blazer
Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date