Neon wiring help please

voltmeter measures volts. Your amp requires 12V in put but puts out alot more ( hence the name amplifier) you wire lights in with your subs its going to get what the amp puts out.. mine puts out 80-90V unclipped and i have measured it up to 170+ volts clipped all to hell.. = bye bye lights..

voltmeter measures volts. Your amp requires 12V in put but puts out alot more ( hence the name amplifier) you wire lights in with your subs its going to get what the amp puts out.. mine puts out 80-90V unclipped and i have measured it up to 170+ volts clipped all to hell.. = bye bye lights..
sounds like you got some L7s brah

I'll admit I know very little about the principles of physics and electricity, etc etc. When I said 12V I meant the input from the battery, and mixed up the input and output in my original post. My apologies. All I'm saying is, on a conceptual level, if you wire lights to the subwoofer terminals, like I did, they will flash to the bass output. I have a 600w system, not too impressive at all, but I'm just trying to help someone do what I already accomplished with lights. I also have Streetglow LEDs, not neons (by whatever brand they are), so maybe that's the difference.

I'll admit I know very little about the principles of physics and electricity, etc etc. When I said 12V I meant the input from the battery, and mixed up the input and output in my original post. My apologies. All I'm saying is, on a conceptual level, if you wire lights to the subwoofer terminals, like I did, they will flash to the bass output. I have a 600w system, not too impressive at all, but I'm just trying to help someone do what I already accomplished with lights. I also have Streetglow LEDs, not neons (by whatever brand they are), so maybe that's the difference.
It doesnt matter what type they are. They run on 12 volt. If buy happenstance his amp only makes 12v max then he is fine, but that is not likely. Also it sounds like you got lucky with the voltage here and if you know very little about electronics/ what you are talking about then it probably isnt a good idea for you to give out advice.

I'm saying I know very little about the detailed, heavy concepts. I got the basics down, and you don't need to be an electrician to install LEDs. But rather than argue on a forum, I'm just gonna apologize for attempting to help and go on my way.

no one here is trying to argue with you, or attack you bro... but you have to understand, just like any other hobby/forum out there... when people who have been doing this for YEARS and are very knowledgable on it, tell you that you should do some more research, and learn more before you actually touch something... do it... it's not a personal attack... it's them trying to help you avoid from frying your system/neons.

and we're not saying that you need to understand the heavy concepts... but just that it would probably be best in the long run for you to do as much research as you can, if you really plan on enjoying this hobby.

good bro... its a great place to learn, and there are some VERY knowledgable members on here... along with some members who are very well known and respected in the car audio scene.

just remember, if you ask a question... some people might feel as if its a lil "stupid" because it's been a long time since they were first starting out, and some just dont want to spoon feed anyone, if you get what i'm saying...

point is, dont get upset if someone says something on here that might come off the wrong way to you... cuz most likely, they are really probably just trying to help you out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.