Neon underlighting kits

pretty decent price. you pretty much have to see them in person to get the jist of how they are. i used to run LowGlow back in the day, and haven't seen a comparable neon kit. however, led's are increasingly cheaper and better. i have the old school varad blue kit, which used to be high dollar, now, aside from the controller, you can peice the same thing together with e-bay led strips/lights and some silicon. chances are, that is a standard china kit, like all the others, and may be in the standard 3/4' lengths, but the output will only be actually suited for a compact. i often completely forget i have those lights in there, lol. another thing, is neons break easily. up here, you take them off for the winter, period. attachment, unless they came up with something better, is by round plastic mounting "p-clamps" you just slip it over the tube every foot, if possible, and run the self-tapping screws into the sheet-metal. i have also found many places in the bodies where you can zip-tie them on. then again, used to be a problem long ago that people would crawl under and cut the zip-ties and wires to make off with them. quite a bit impractical to do with the old central high voltage transformer types, though.... at today's prices, stealing neon's is up there with stealing hub-caps and wiper squirters, lol...

Hahaha, i think they are illegal to use on the road
Not sure about all states but they are illegal in PA. I've had mine on my car for 4 years now and there not cracked at all. I dont drive the car in the snow though. Car is parked and put under construction or i would post a pic. I zip tie them up. Fast and easy.

Suicide doors on a 3rd gen eh. I have a 85 gslse, love it!! Big street port and webber is lots of fun, not the same as twin turbo but gets the job done. My dads workin on a 3 rotor right now, gona be pretty sick.

If your refering to my car there lambo doors. Wish i would have done suicide doors. Would have been a lot diffrent. Got any pics of your ride? 3 rotors are pretty sweet and can make LOTS of power. Just wish i cound afford to get one. Good luck with it.

Yeah good call not suicides at all lol. No pics right now, has front and rear spoiler. rear one is stock, and front is a replica of stock. lowered, flat black. just to paint a lil picture lol

The only under kit i would touch is streetglow had the gold series neons and absolutely loved them. Well worth the money

got in a wreck so the back light was out

6h2vf5.jpg

I use LED's and have yet to have a problem, and they can be stupid bright too. The best part, if you decide to demo the subs in the back, you can just leave them on without risk of drawing too much power. I have a total of 6 LED strips under the bottom and they only draw around 30 amps. I have left them on accidentally for 3 nights while I went out of town and came home and cranked my truck right up.

Another plus for LED's, if you mess one up from bottoming out ETC, it only cost a couple bucks for a new one!! Here is a couple pics:

Joesram4006.jpg

Joesram4007.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JoeK

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
JoeK
Ringtown, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date