need some help plz

Participant count
  • Participant list

bass4life16
10+ year member

kc
ok my friend just bought a kicker cvx 12 and the ma audio 800 watt mono amp and went to put his head unit in a ford ranger and it did not have the right hookup for the sony HU and he just cut the wires and ran them together to the plug that goes into the back of his headunit and now nothin works and all the colors are matched up do any of you know what the problem is?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif :crap:

dude did he even know what wire was what when he hooked everything up? its not just matching colors.. check ur vehicle wire chart and then go one with the wiring.

2000 Ford Ranger Stereo Information

Constant 12V+ Light Green

Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black

Ground Black

Illumination Light Blue/Red

Dimmer n/a

Amplifier Remote Blue

Antenna Right Front

Front Speakers 6" x 8" Doors

Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green

Left Front (-) Light Blue/White

Right Front (+) Dark Green/Orange

Right Front (-) White/Light Green

Rear Speakers 6" x 8" Side Panels

Left Rear (+) Gray/Light Blue

Left Rear (-) Tan/Yellow

Right Rear (+) Orange/Red

Right Rear (-) Brown/Pink

Constant 12V+ Light Green

Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black

Ground Black

blue remote wire on the new headunit goes to the new amp.

thats bassically all u need the others tape em up.

Use a DMM and find your ground, live, and turn on leads. If you don't have a DMM, get one. If you're terrible at life and can't get one, use a computer fan or light to find your turn on lead and the constant lead. I should not need to explain how to find them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.