Need some help picking Coaxials...

2002XLT
5,000+ posts

Thats right bishes...
H-Town, TX
Ok, dont even start about components, i KNOW they are better, and i WILL be getting them eventually, but i just found out that i blew 1 or 2 of my stocks, so i need a fairly cheap fix, and ill be replacing all 4 speakers.

According to crutchfield my stock speakers are 6 X 8.

I want them to be good speakers because i will end up leaving the back set in for rear fill when i do decide to upgrade the front. I will also need them to be able to take ~ 200 watts because of the 4-channel im getting.

Anyway, please give me some suggestions.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

those pioneers do look nice, im curious how they would do on double their RMS though...

also will a good 2-way be ok or should i be looking at 3 or 4 ways?

And is 6 X 8 my only option?

those pioneers do look nice, im curious how they would do on double their RMS though...
also will a good 2-way be ok or should i be looking at 3 or 4 ways?

And is 6 X 8 my only option?
They should do fine as long as the power is clean.

2 ways would probably be the way to go, but it'll come down to personal preference.

You might be able to go with 6.5's by making an mdf adapter, granted you have the clearance in your door.

arc's coaxes sound decent...i am running a 4" off 75wrms and then do pretty well

dont think they have a 6x8 though, but you could make an adapter and use the 6.5's

REv's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ive seen these mentioned as well. How do they compare against focal/hertz. Im willing to pay the extra cash if its worth it in the long run, but then again i know ill be taking out the fronts eventually and adding components so maybe i should stick with something a little more basic.

Anyway, link? lol

I don't think you'll notice a large enough difference in coaxials between REV and focal/hertz to make those two worth it. I would try ebay *GASP* yea I said it.. for the revs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.