Need some help for design

Participant count
  • Participant list

busarider559

I have 2 Lanzar 1232D Optidrive 12's. I have read thru the different sticky's but didnt really get a answer to my question so please dont bash me if it was out there and didnt find it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif).

My question is, in a "ported" enclosure design, are you receiving the sound thru the port or thru the front face(cone) of speaker? Or both? The reason I am asking is I am installing these in a BMW 325Ci. and the trunks are sealed very good. The sound is not traveling thru to the cab at all. I do have the Ski pass opened but not helping much. Should I design the ports so they are venting thru to the cab(ski pass) with the speakers facing forward(which would have them firing into the rears of the seats) or in some other fashion?

I am losing alot of sound in the trunk and just trying to get it into the cab.

Thanks for the help in advance!!

There are a lot options and opinions when it comes to these issues. Most do porting through the rear deck or through the ski pass. However, it tends to create a bandpass type of situation.

So would I almost be better to design some sort of bandpass with the port firing thru ski pass to maximize sound? By what you're saying I would be losing sound because the front wave would be firing into the back of the seats, correct?

dont buy gay overpriced euro car next time hehehe

maybe IB would work better. still gonna be squeezing sound through the ski pass tho

I did a 4th order in a similar car porting through the ski pass and it did fine. It still felt less then optimal but it was 100% better then what he came in with.

I did a 4th order in a similar car porting through the ski pass and it did fine. It still felt less then optimal but it was 100% better then what he came in with.

At this point, that's all im trying to accomplish. With the seats down and subs facing rear, sounds good. Seats up, volume decreases dramatically. Subs facing forward, with seats down, not great, seats up with subs forward, a lil better. Just trying to find a happy medium.

After about 2 months he just had me do another enclosure and when he wanted it to be loud he just folded the seats down. Had subs and port forward, but it was sealed off from the back with a trim panel. With the seat up is was not as loud as the 4th order, but when the seat was down it was a huge difference.

Ski hole is roughly about 8.75"*13.5". What do you mean by "t/s". I do have all the specs on the woofer if that's what you mean.
Yep, that means the specs. With 8.75"x13.5" you're looking at a 7.25"x12" port...which should work well for a bandpass for a pair of 12's)although more wouldn't hurt). The question now is whether or not the sub is well suited for a bandpass or not.

Yep, that means the specs. With 8.75"x13.5" you're looking at a 7.25"x12" port...which should work well for a bandpass for a pair of 12's)although more wouldn't hurt). The question now is whether or not the sub is well suited for a bandpass or not.
Well I have all the specs(the guy a couple of posts up posted the pamphlet that I have). As far as knowing if they are good in a bandpass or not, couldn't tell you. I have heard them in a ported and bandpass enclosure. Both sounded good. The dealer here in my area seems to do quite a bit of ported design, yet his demo vehicle is a bandpass. I am definately leaning torward the bandpass design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.