Need Q-logic Knowledge!!!

Depression
10+ year member

ISSUES
Hello all...I need some help...so far not even the "know it all" installers can answer me with confidence.

Q-Logic Kick form panels?????

I have a 1992 GMC Ext Cab...Can I fit (realistically) 6 1/2 Components in there...Everything I see says I need to go with 5 1/4 only..I am willing to modify truck if I can get it to work comfortably. Does anyone know if 6 1/2's have been succesfully used in Kickforms in a 1988-1996 Truck????

Thank you!!!

i think q-logic claims that all 5 1/4" speakers will fit, but most 6.5" will not. if q-logic makes the woofer hole size the same on ALL there q-forms, then 6.5" SHOULD fit. i have a 2002 civic, and i have the q-forms, fitted in them are my diamond audio HEX 6.5" components. now, i had to bottom mount mine, otherwise the speaker grill wouldn't fit on them, but if i build my own custom grill for it, i can probably top mount them.

i would wait to see what someone else says first, but i took a chance and came out on top.

maybe someone will like to hook you up with the diameter of the woofer hole on a q form made for your truck?

I have Q-form kick panels for my 92 cavailer and i measured the circumfrence and some 6.5" midbase/midrange speackers would've fit except for the mounting depth was to shallow; so, if all the Q-forms are relatively the same then maybe you can if you have enough mounting depth. I never installed the forms ($+toilet=flush) because they took up leg space in my small worthless car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif .

Maybe you could check Q-forms website for measurments if they have them; and also Cructchfield has them. I noticed they also say 3/4" and 1" tweeters will fit, but it looks like you could also fit "the hard to find" 2" tweeters in them.

q forms look nice but you better brace them and use a lil dynamat (or like stuff) on them. they tend to resinate with a "straight out of the package" instalation.

i have installed many kick panels..i would say build your own. the imaging from the q forms is less than stellar. I would try and build some for your needs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.