need opinions!

Participant count
  • Participant list

907tacokid
10+ year member

alright so its been a while sence i got on here, been working alot on my system and got in a wreck so just got a bunch of money to put into the truck.

i have two sonic soundlab transonic ten inch subs. there rated to 700-900rms each sub. dual 4ohm voice coil. i have them in an obcon ported box. 1.41cubes each chamber and aprox 34hrz tuning.

i had them on a hifonics brutus for a while but didnt want it anymore so i sold it. i just upgraded my alternator to a 180amp insted of the 70 that i had on it. and i got a second battery. i have a ssl 5k amp for the subs now. but i am curious if i should sell the subs and get one DC lvl 4xl 12. and get an audioque 2200d for it. have the store make me a box.

really the only thing keeping me from it is weather or not it is going to be louder and sound better than the two i have! if its not louder than i will just wait till i get my sti and put two of them on 4krms. so anyone have any knowledge of some good DB numbers from a DC xl 12 on 2krms? i am workin 143 with my two tens. but the sound quality isnt that good.

so! will one dc lvl 4xl 12 be louder and sound better than my two sonic soundlab tens in a prefab box? the DC will be in a fairly large box made just for the sub.

thanks in advanced!

the dc subs will be great for you ,but they dont take as big of a box as you might think,1.5^3 per 12.also the aq amps are pretty nice for the price ,but i'll stick to my dc amps.i just strongly believe that you get what you pay for ,and seen alot of their amps up for sale lately. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

the thing is i only have the room for one right now. so i just dont want to sell my curent system and be disapointed with just the one... but thank you for your opinions. i will most likely get it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.