need help with speaker and amp pairing

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aaronvl6

hi, my friend gave me his Lanzar VCHB210 and I was wondering if the amp I selected would be compatible

Speakers:

10" Dual 4 Ohm Vector Series Car Subwoofers

Power Handling:

Peak: 2000 watts total/1000 watts each

RMS: 1000 watts total/500 watts each

Amp:

Pyle PLA2378 2-Channel 2,000-Watt Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier

power handling:

Maximum Power Output 2 x 1000W

Bridgeable RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 1x2000W

if you could please tell me if this setup would work or not and what wiring to do that would be great thanks}

Will it function? yes.

Is it a good choice? No.

The first thing you have to accept if you're going to dabble in this hobby is that the cheap brands LIE (bad) about power output and power handling. It's how they survive. Pyle and Lanzar are both cheap brands (they're actually part of the same parent company).

What doesn't lie is the price tag.

Another helpful clue is the amp's fuse size.

That's a $60 amp and it has a pair of 15A fuses which is a dead giveaway it's not a 2000w amp or even half that. It tells you it is no more than 300w rms total, at minimum impedance. It is probably in the 200-250w rms range. That would mean 100-125 x 2 at 2 ohms stereo, or 75-100 x 2 at 4 ohms stereo.

I think your box has two 4 ohm terminals so the best you're going to get would be around 100w per sub.

They'll work, just don't expect to be impressed.

The subs, at 500w rms each are drastically over-rated as well. They're probably good for 200w rms each at best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.