Need Help With Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Participant count
  • Participant list

sojodave

I installed a Pioneer AVH-p3200DVD and it worked great for two weeks. Suddenly, the tuner stopped working. I though it was a problem with my antenna adapter. I switched to a new tuner adapter and no luck. Hit the reset button and it didn't help.

The only thing I can think of is that there may be a ground wire that came loose inside the unit that has stopped reception. Everything else works on the unit and I do have the Pioneer warranty, but I don't want to go 6 weeks without music.

Anyone have any ideas???

I bought the unit from Cowboom.com for only $210. They have a 30 day return policy and I have 10 days to decide. Big problem is that they charge a 25% restocking fee. They will return my money minus the restocking fee. They can't exchange it because they don't have the same unit in stock so I'll have to get a unit that is $90 more (Amazon) than I paid for it. If you add the restocking fee, that's $140 more than I paid for it originally.

Only problem is that I doubt they will exchange it because they will only exchange it if there is the same unit in there warehouse. There is no AVH-P3200 on sale at Cowboom.com so I am betting they will return my money minus the stocking fee.

Phone and say....you sold me a defective unit. I want another. You don't have any in stock? Well then upgrade me to the next model and I will pay the difference. Thank you, have a nice day.

If they give you hassle, ask if they are part of the better business bureau. That usually gets their attention really quick.

WHOHOO! Pioneer is paying for my head unit to get fixed. I should get it back in a couple of days. I was considering a HD tuner. What are people's opinion of the PIONEER GEX-P20HD. Is HD radio worth it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.