Need Help with Orion D5000 Cutting Off For a Sec At Higher Volume!

Participant count
  • Participant list

zerocarpileup
10+ year member

The Birds The Word!!!!!!!
ok so for now im running 1 15"2Orion Hcca off of my NEW Orion D5000 At 1 ohm with 1 Kinetik hc2400 and a Iraggi 300a amputator. Big three and all wiring done in 0g. my hu is a kenwood DDX712.

So when i crank the volume up at about 17 with the infrasonic on the amp seems to go into protection but NOT. It does not "officially" go into protection. No protection light or nothing. it seems to just cut off sound to the sub for a second until i lower the volume. Also i hear a relay clicking inside the amp. Now when i turn the infrasonic off. im able to play the volume abit more but now cuts off at 22. Whats going on? i know should be able to crank this thing up way more. im pretty sure i have the hpf and lpf set about right and the intelli-q it tuned to port frequency. gain is all the way up but kept controlled with knob. What could be the cause of this

?

For those of you who dont know much about Orions Infrasonic or intelli-q ive attached a link to the manual in pdf.

Infrasonic Switch - when On cuts off extremely low bass frequencies (below the range of human hearing, that speakers cannot effectively reproduce). The high pass filter is engaged when the infrasonic switch is On. This improves efficiency of the amplifier's power supply, improves sound reproductive performance, and reduces chances of damaging the subwoofers.

INTELLi Q Control - continuously adjusts the "Q" boost of the high-pass crossover from 0 to 10dB of boost. Low-Pass Frequency Control - adjusts the upper crossover frequency of the amplifier.

http://www.alaskasou...-d5000_amps.pdf

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.