Need help with my Eclipse CD8053

Participant count
  • Participants list

dsw1204

CarAudio.com Elite
I have an Eclipse CD8053 head unit that was installed without the ESN activated. The other day, I had a car problem that required me to disconnect the battery. When I reconnected the battery, my CD8053's display was saying "SECURITY" and underneath that the was "FFFFFFFFFFF".

I tried resetting the unit and it still says "SECURITY" but underneath it now says 7B300696.

I tried emailing Eclipse and hoping to get the proper codes from them but they have yet to respond back. It's been about 4-5 days ago that I sent the email. So, I am trying here.

Might anybody have those codes? I really like this head unit. I'd hate to have to give it up for a newer one.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe ask some dealers, idk. actually, you might contact Crutchfield, i think they use to carry Eclipse. wouldnt hurt. they might know somethin
Yeah, that's an idea. Even though I did not purchase it from them, it couldn't hurt to ask. I don't think they became an Eclipse dealer when the CD8053 was around, but they do have great service and maybe they can (and will) help.

That did not help. Since I originally did not activate the ESN, the directions in the manual did not apply. However, I did finally get a hold of someone at Eclipse (on the phone) that did know the proper procedure to get it running again. And, now, I do have my CD8053 running properly.

And, to prevent this from happening again, I DID activate the ESN. This way, if I have to disconnect the battery again, I will have the proper procedures listed in the manual to follow to get it up and running again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.