Need help with my CDA-9835

Participant count
  • Participant list

Astyl
10+ year member

Car Audio Enthusiast
Bedford, NH
Alright so i have an Alpine CDA 9835 Headunit and i noticed that you can go on I-Personalize and change some settings around on it, i went to the website, did all my changes, downloaded the file which is a .mp3 format file and then burned it onto a Mp3 CD

Then i went to download it on my headunit, when i click Yes it says "Searching" and then it dissapears and dosent display anything, and AFAIK nothing changes because my new opening message dosent come up even though i have that option turned on

Am i doing these steps correctly? Is there a different format i should be burning the CD as?

Also i noticed in the EQ settings it has User Preset 1 through 6, however when you go through them it dosent actually show you the EQ Curve like it does with the factory ones, so i have no idea what is what, is there anyway to check these? There are definate differences because it sounds completely different then having it on Flat i just dont know exactly what the settings are, and if i did burn a new settings file i have no idea what User Preset it would actually go on, 1 2 3 4 5 or 6, i have no idea what it would be saved under

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Ipersonalize *****. I tried it before and there's no way to tell what your EQs are going to sound like. I believe you have to burn it as a "data disc", or at least on Macs that's how you do it. I had the same problem before but that was years ago when I first got it.

If you hold down the Menu button for a couple seconds it brings up all the real tuning stuff. Xovers, TA, EQ etc. With this EQ you can change the frequencies and then store it as User 1-6 by holding down 1-6 buttons. You kinda just have to remember what they were. Or when selecting your EQ presets in the "regular Menu", select 1-6, then hold down Menu for a couple seconds to go back to the tuning menu and you can see what you stored for that preset.

It's a little complicated but you get the hang of it. Hope this helps...

The X-Overs and Time correction seem useful, but it seems like the customizable user EQ is retarded, what preset do you usually use? I use Rock or Pop usually, but rock has more bass

Basically ipersonalize doesn't offer anything useful that you can't adjust directly from the deck, save the calendar and opening message thing.

I used to use rock, then I would adjust it from there. So say you select Rock, then hold down the Menu button. Scroll to the EQ, and it will show you the curve for the factory Rock. Then adjust it to however you want and store.

I don't have my system playing now, but I start on Flat and go from there. I have a 9835 and 9855 btw.

I used the i-Personalize on my 9855 just to get an opening message that I don't even use. lol. It's pretty useless. The settings should be saved under preset 6 after you properly burn and run the disc.

IIRC, I-Personalize will store the downloaded settings on Preset #6 of the head-unit... so try accessing the User EQ and pressing #6 to set the head-unit to play according to the settings you made off-line... i think it works the same for the X-Over settings as well...

anyway, it's pretty much the most useless feature i've ever heard of... adjust your EQ personally, it's much better...

I haven't had the 9855 playing yet, but the iPod controls were faster. The menu system is kinda annoying, in that you have to use the glidetouch to scroll instead of the knob. But I like the layout of some of the menus so far. Can't comment on the SQ yet though.

I haven't had the 9855 playing yet, but the iPod controls were faster. The menu system is kinda annoying, in that you have to use the glidetouch to scroll instead of the knob. But I like the layout of some of the menus so far. Can't comment on the SQ yet though.
Let me know once you get it up and running. I'd like to read a review about the 2 and how they compare. I'm still thinking about picking up a 9835 to play around with, but, well you know, they're not necessarily cheap and easy to come by in good condition. I was always extremely happy with the SQ from my 9855 when I had it in my car. I do like my 800PRS better, but I really didn't go wrong with the 9855.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.