Need help with HU installation (Amp integration)

Participant count
  • Participant list

dasaesthetics

florida
Installing this:

Pioneer AVH-X4800BS

on a 2006 honda civic EX which comes with factory amp and the subwoofer in the back

The aftermarket harness:

Metra 70-1722

and antenna:

Metra 40-HD10

So instead of connecting the speaker (front left, right, rear, etc) wires from the AFTERMARKET harness to the wires on the HEADUNIT harness, I am stripping RCA cables and connecting them, polarity corresponding of course, to the aftermarket harness and using that to connect to the HU

My concern is a number of things:

1)

in order to integrate the amp I need to connect this wire WHERE exactly???

iwB8drt.jpg

2)

This is from the headunit harness, where exactly does it go? its not on the aftermarket harness

LVJpP3E.jpg

3) this is for backup camera? dont have one dont need it if so

FTTfNjj.jpg

4) what is that v in, out, l in and l out?

oWmv4um.jpg

5) where is the sub-woofer connection?

6) There is a long light green Brake wire. is it necessary to connect that?

Hi,

The blue "remote control" wire goes from the head unit to the amp's "remote" connection. This wire turns on the amplifier when you turn on your head unit.

The mute wire is there if you have a mobile phone (i'm guessing through bluetooth) connected, so if you get a call, then the music will pause automatically allowing you to take the call

V-IN and V-OUT (yellow jacks) are used for video input or output so you could hoook up a seperate monitor in your vehicle etc.

L-IN is there if you want to run an external source through your amp like an portable CD player (so old these days) for example, you would plug an RCA from the OUT of the cd player to the IN on the AMP

L-OUT lets you connect to an external speaker source

Sub-woofer connection: I can't read what it says on the right side of the pic, but you have 3 sets of RED-WHITE jacks, 1 for front speakers, 1 for rear speakers, and 1 for Sub-woofer.

The brake wire is usually connected when you're installing for example a head unit with a screen, so what it's supposed to do is not allow you to watch the screen while the car is moving. SO the brake wire would connect to the hand brake switch so when the hand brake is off, it will let you watch the videos on screen. It's a safety thing. You don't have to connect it, and if you don't connect it your car will blow up (kidding), nuh you just won't have that safety feature and your screen will be viewable any time you like.

Hope that helps. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong with anything I said

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.