Need help with fi btl 18n specs

Ok on fi audio"s site they list the rms as 2000w*It does not have the rms rated at a certain ohms so im wondering how do i find what ohms the 2000 rms is putting out
You're talking like the sub is an amplifier. Subs use wattage, and put out db's. The ohm load is irrelevant to how much power the sub will handle.

ok thanks everyone one more thing to clear it up though. Say i have a 2500 RMS watt at 2 ohm amp and i wire a dual 1 ohm subwoofer to it in series. Since the subwoofer is wired at 1 ohm will the amp give 5000RMS watts to it?

ok thanks everyone one more thing to clear it up though. Say i have a 2500 RMS watt at 2 ohm amp and i wire a dual 1 ohm subwoofer to it in series. Since the subwoofer is wired at 1 ohm will the amp give 5000RMS watts to it?
No. If you wire a D1 sub in series, that means you get a final ohm load of 2 ohms.

ah so if i wired a D2 sub in parllel i would get a final ohm load of 1 ohm, and if i had a amp rated at 2500 RMS watts at 2 ohms it would give 5000 RMS to the subwoofer?

Probably not double. What amp is it?
this. To be double it would need to be the same efficiency at every impedance, which isn't normally the case. You may be talking about a ZX2500.1, do not run at 1 ohm, it will not like it. Chances are you also do not have proper electrical to actually run 2500 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.