Need help with choosing an amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brandon Kahi-Waugh

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi. I currently have installed a pioneer head unit with 55wx4 output capability and subwoofer control.

Fusion 12" sub and amp combo (900 watt amp)

Rear JBL 6x9s (550rms iirc)

Front jvc 300 watt compoments with 60w tweeters.

In the rear doors in have stock speakers.

I'm wanting to replace my stock rear door speakers and hook all of my 6 speakers up to an amp as my head unit just cant do the system justice but know next to nothing about Amps. What should I be looking for. 

( powered by 450 battery)

Trying to keep under 500 if possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I currently have installed a pioneer head unit with 55wx4 output capability and subwoofer control.

Fusion 12" sub and amp combo (900 watt amp)

Rear JBL 6x9s (550rms iirc)

Front jvc 300 watt compoments with 60w tweeters.

In the rear doors in have stock speakers.

I'm wanting to replace my stock rear door speakers and hook all of my 6 speakers up to an amp as my head unit just cant do the system justice but know next to nothing about Amps. What should I be looking for. 

( powered by 450 battery)

Trying to keep under 500 if possible
are you trying to run the fronts with passive crossovers?

Yes I believe so. 

On A side note Im not even sure if my rear door speakers are functioning at the moment so might just focus on the fronts and rears.

Yes I believe so. 

On A side note Im not even sure if my rear door speakers are functioning at the moment so might just focus on the fronts and rears.
probably not working if you have fronts and rear dash speakers and just a deck to power them all. If youre wanting all 6 sets of speakerss hooked up simultaneously and the rear doors and back dash speakers to work independently of each other, then youre going to want a DSP and at least 6 channels of amplification. and if youre going that far, might as well run active crossovers on the front mids and tweets instead of those passives. You could ghetto rig it and have the back dash and rear doors off the same rca's from the deck and have a 4 channel running them and set the gains lower on whichever pair is louder to balance them out. This might be more of an undertaking than you expected, but its nowhere near impossible for you to figure it all out as its not at all rocket science

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.