Need Help With Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thayl0

Let me start off by stating I have a 2012 Kia Rio Sx. I have 6 speakers. 4 door speakers and two tweeters which I plan on replacing with some sort of Kickers.

I have came up with a little build. I'm posting here for all you audio experts to give me suggestion on things to change or whatever.

Few questions I have.

1. What kind of wiring kits will I need. If possible link to to everything that I need.

2. Will I need a amp to power my door speakers and tweeters. If so how many watts for your suggest and link me if possible.

3.Will I need a amp for my SW's because from what I was reading it looks like it comes pre installed with 1200w and the peak is 1600w.

4.Will my dash kit fit any Double Din Radio or on certain ones?

Heres my parts that I have. Please provide me with link to anything else I need or that you suggest. Message me if you would like the part list with the links. Thanks.

Head Unit - JVC DVD-CD-USB 7" Screen Bluetooth KWAV70BT

Mounting Kit - Kia Rio 12-Up DDIN Mounting Kit - Stock Number - 95-7353ch

Wire Harness- OEM Harness for Kia and Hyundai Vehicles 10-Up - Stock Number - 71-7304

Vehicle Antenna Adaptor Cable - Metra 40KI11

Parking Brake Override

JVC Optional Wireless Remote Control

Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control

Rockford Fosgate P2-2X12

Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1000-1D ( If i even need considering I think my box comes pre installed with 1200w)

Rockford Fosgate Punch PEQ Equalization Remote

A good tip, pay no attention to the MAX rating of any amplifier. Only look too see that the amp is CEA compliant and the RMS rating is matched up to your subs. Also pay attention to the impedence (ohms) The Rockford Fosgate P2-2X12 preloaded enclosure is wired internally @1 ohm and no preloaded doesnt mean it has an amp built it. It means the subs are already in the box. For that preloaded enclosure you want to find an amp that will do around 800w RMS @1ohm. Probably a monoblock amplifer. For your door speakers, you want to find a nice 4 channel amp. Unless you are just running them off the headunit. I would also reccomend that if you are just starting out and your installing them yourself, use coxial speakers. For a wiring kit check http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK4-4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.