Need help with Alpine SPR-60C, SPR-69, KTP-445

Participant count
  • Participant list

cexaddict

I just had a setup installed yesterday, and I am really not as pleased with the performance as I expected to be.

Here's the setup:

'03 Civic EX

Alpine CDE-136BT head unit

Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" components up front

Alpine SPR-69 6x9"s on the rear deck

Alpine KTP-445 power pack mini amp

It's basically just an in-place upgrade to the factory system. I didn't want to go with a sub just yet, so I sprung (sprang? springed?) the extra cash for the Type-Rs.

The speakers are rated at 100 & 110 watts RMS each, and the KTP kicks out 45 watts RMS x 4 channels. I'm not a total audio newb, but it's been easily a decade since I last bought / installed a system.

I feel like I am missing a pretty decent amount of mid-low bass, and the volume distorts pretty quickly. I like loud and Type-Rs should be loud, yes?

Is this likely just the result of an under-powered system? Are the Type-Rs really that hungry? Should I try to swap the KTP-445 for an MRP or some other amp?

Any recommendations on how to get the best out of my Type-Rs would be greatly appreciated!

I replaced the KPT-445 with a proper Alpine MRX-V60, and the sound quality and volume improved dramatically. (And then I accepted the inevitable and dropped a Polk DXI-112 sub box in the trunk. Now? Perfect.) Thanks for the answers, guys. Oh ... never mind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.