need help w/ wires, and wiring...etc.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ßûmþ_§üm±hîñ
10+ year member

hey guys, I have two 12" Kicker comps and a Kenwood 600W amp. All i have so far for wiring any of it is my RCA cable...Now i need to know what guage of wire to buy and how much of it...Someone told me i would need speaker wire, ground wire, battery, and remote...For now im just gunna buy some of those cheap 12" boxes from Wal-Mart and during the summer when i get a job and everything i will probly get a custom built box...thanks for all the help, Nick

depends on what kind of car you have for how much u need and where the amps are....but i would probably go w/ 4 ga power and ground wire, probably 14gauge remote wire, and 10 gauge wire for your speakers....the ground wire shouldnt be longer than 18".... you'll need a fuse about 6-12" from the batt....and i personally like to have a switch on the power wire so i can turnt he amp on and off if i so choose......and you can get the wire at any walmart or local hardware store......no point in spending large amounts of money on a name brand of wire....almost all wire is the same....good luck hope i helped.....if you have any more quesitons feel free to post them....good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.