Need Help Turning A Drawing Into A Reality

Participant count
  • Participant list

FadedSpy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
OK, I have an '01 Intrepid with a HUGE trunk! I want to build a huge box to go in it for two Kicker 15" CVR's. I drew a pretty lame picture using Microsoft Paint so that you get a general idea. My question is, how do I make it a vented box and tune it to 33 hz?

Here's the picture...View attachment 26548203

I want half of the box to fit under the rear deck so that's why it's a 2 level height box. Not sure if it's even possible to make a ported box shaped like this sound good.

Whaddya think?

Can be done. You'll need measurements. Also round the inside edges and put 45s in the sharp turns or corners. Port to one side or the middle There are a few guys here that can do this up for you. But plans take time and cost money

just a suggestion but I would also make sure once the box is done that you will be able to shoe horn the thing into the car. Judging from the pic it looks like a deep box. I would consider making a fake one from cardboard and test fitting before paying and making a real one.

I could build this out of a 2x4 frame to see if It'll fit in the trunk once built. It should. The measurements are from the largest areas of the trunk. The actual dimensions of the trunk are like 45" deep x 40" wide x 19" tall

just a suggestion but I would also make sure once the box is done that you will be able to shoe horn the thing into the car. Judging from the pic it looks like a deep box. I would consider making a fake one from cardboard and test fitting before paying and making a real one.
Ive seen that happen one to many times. good suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.