need help: setting my crossovers...

allyourblood
10+ year member

kill the fakes
okay, i've got my subs' crossover set at 80hz (LPF). does this mean my 4 interior speakers should be set at 80hz (HPF) as well, to take over from that point on, or should they be set around 250-300? it seems the C/Os should be set adjacent to one another, but something about that doesn't feel right. but if i set the 4 speakers higher, it seems as if i will miss those frequencies in between.

as in my sig, i've got 2 6.5"s in the front, 50wrms. 2 6x9"s in the back, 60wrms. perhaps i should set the rear crossover lower than the front? i'm stumped. help!

abe m.

Setting the crossovers to the same freq is a good starting point. From there you can fine tune it to get it to sound how you want it to. You might want a bit of a gap to tame a resonance or a bit of an overlap to help with a frequency trough. If you have access to an RTA that can be helpful by letting you see the effects of the changes you are making.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.