Need help selecting a sub please

Participant count
  • Participant list

cwbond

Texas
I have been a car audio enthusiast for 20 years. I have worked at couple shops and still do custom installations when I have time. I have read and read thru reviews and forums for weeks, and decided I would just ask the question that I cant find the answer to. I have a 04 Ford F150 extended cab. Everything in it is custom and taken years to complete. With that all said, I built a box the resembles my back seat. Most people don’t even know it’s a box. I want to keep it that way. It holds 2 12” subs, 1.4 FT3 per side, ported at 32 hz. Down fire. I built it originally for Eclipse 8800 aluminum subs. I loved how they sounded. Had them for 6 years. Pumped 136 DB and great SQ. I decided to change. Worse mistake ever. I have tried MA Audio HK12.2, Pioneer TS-W3002D2, MTX Audio T812-22, and Kicker L7’s. None have compared. Not saying they are bad, but not good in my box. I have considered JL Audio W3’s, Alpine Type-Rs, DC Lever 3’s, but tired of wasting money. I need some help finding the sub that would work in my box and compare to my old eclipse subs… I want to stay around $250 each. Here is a list of everything I have:

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH

Audiocontrol EPICENTER

Audiocontrol THREE.2

Audiocontrol EQL

2) Kicker ZX650.4 amps

Kicker ZX1500.1

MB Quart components

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.