Need Help Quickly Plz!!! Read!!! Emergency!!!

ArcaneParadise
10+ year member

I am trying to install my 2 15L7's in my room. I am using a KX1200.1 Amp. I thought I had everything down, I tried it, and then I found out what I was missing... Power! lol! So I look for a plug and all I see is a place to insert another kind of cord, but not the kind you would put in a wall. How would you approach trying to get power to that amp? Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated. Also, is there anything that I need to do with the "Ground" as it says? The speaker wire is properly hooked up as well as the Input. Anything else I need to take care of? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANYONE THAT ANSWERS!

Originally posted by ArcaneParadise I am trying to install my 2 15L7's in my room. I am using a KX1200.1 Amp. I thought I had everything down, I tried it, and then I found out what I was missing... Power! lol! So I look for a plug and all I see is a place to insert another kind of cord, but not the kind you would put in a wall. How would you approach trying to get power to that amp? Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

As far as I know you have to get some type of battery to power them...like a car battery perhaps?? But it'll eat it up pretty dang fast considering you have no alternator...

heres what u do get u a big heavy duty tractor battory(has more cold cranks which will last longer) and stick a ground stic outside ur house and run a wire back into ur house and hook it to the negative side of the battery then just hook the positive side of the battery and then ground the amp to the negative side of the battery, that should work, im the only one in tennesse with 3 10's hooked up in my house..lol, so i should know

goodluck

Originally posted by evilsaint Find an AC Inverter, a device that converts AC to DC, and get ready to watch your electric bill skyrocket. Also, make sure you have a VERY SOLID ground.

Ur gonna need a really heavy duty 12VDC power supply. Astron makes good supplies. Be prepared to fork out the dough cause they aren't cheap when get up into the 50 amp range. Even then thats only 500-600 watts output power available from the supply. Put a big battery in parallel with it and it will probably work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.